CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, boomboom234 said:

I disagree affleck batman has had good reception so far

He's had fine reception but I don't think WB wants to tie this to BvS in any way right now to the point it's not worth it to show Affleck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Since SM3 is brought up, is there anything in BvS that is remotely close to the gloriousness of emo dancing Peter Parker?

If answer is no, then yeah, I incline to agree with someone who said it won't do much better than the great SM3.

Oooooooooooooh yes.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I got the most majestic trailer line-up ever last night when I saw BvS for the 2nd time: SUICIDE SQUAD, CIVIL WAR and APOCALYPSE.

Lmao

I got the summer's 3 biggest bombs (Warcraft, Ghostbusters, and Tarzan) and 2 of the Top 3 (CW, SS) :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Again, since this word keeps coming up — isn't fudging only applicable to actuals rather than estimates?

Not that I much care but it's still possible the weekend really is over 170m.

Fudging estimates is like BKB bringing up Marvel... studios just can't help it.

Fudging actuals is high level professional fudging and takes the ability to expand America into new territories and a team of accountants. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

He's had fine reception but I don't think WB wants to tie this to BvS in any way right now to the point it's not worth it to show Affleck

Batman and joker is always a draw. the movie will be fine either way will smith is still will smith to a degree i wouldn't be surprised if SS does o/u deadpool numbers. It easily got the best reaction among the trailers when i watched

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's the studio estimate for the weekend.

WB gets their record breaker headline for Sunday and Monday morning before actuals.

Mission accomplished.

I don't care either way. Just stating facts.

Sure, since it's so close they might as well put out estimates that put it over a certain threshold. I think every studio would have done that. But it's not an unreasonable number, actuals might turn out to be lower, or not.

Edited by Elessar

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Nah — SS will live or die on its own merits. At the moment the marketing hasn't even hinted that it exists in BvS's universe, but even then people are always up for a Batman and Joker dynamic.

Completely agree. I think BvS will drop like a fucking rock and have one of the worst cases of bad legs in the history of blockbusters, and although some added good will wouldn't hurt SS, Affleck's Batman is a bonus, not a negative. Suicide Squad will be fine, and actually bet it will be greatly received, both from critics and public. It's not beating BvS ow, but if its's as good as it looks it could definitely beat its final Dom numbers.

Edited by iJackSparrow

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Fudging estimates is like BKB bringing up Marvel... studios just can't help it.

Fudging actuals is high level professional fudging and  takes the ability to expand America into new territories  and a team of accountants. 

Sounds like such a noble deed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

C'mon Tele.

170.1?

That's text book fudging.

Let's see how Sunday goes, but really, it's not enough to get called out over. Paramount's instances were infamous because the rest of the industry kinda did call them out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If they do a good enough job selling Joker and the Squad in marketing over the next few months, they should hide Batman.  He's only been seen for a brief second in the Comic Con first look, but we've heard he has at least a bit more than that in the film, so would be cool to keep that as a surprise for the film for the 'general audience'.

BUT, it's Batman ... they won't be able to help themselves.