abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

People cry about Batman being in every DC film. Please make it so. Biggest SH draw of all time. Marvel is doing the same with IM. Outside RDJ there is no standalone MCUU huge hit either. So in that comparison DC wins. Marvel probably wins in the showdown between TA and JLA, but the next comparison is DCUU's win again comparing CA to Supes. We'll find out if WW and Aquaman can do Thor and Ant Man numbers. My point is that DCUU's future is bright after BvS, don't get the negativity just because the reviews. IM2's reception wasn't great either, but it didn't stop IM3 doing better business.

11 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

People cry about Batman being in every DC film. Please make it so. Biggest SH draw of all time. Marvel is doing the same with IM. Outside RDJ there is no standalone MCUU huge hit either. So in that comparison DC wins. Marvel probably wins in the showdown between TA and JLA, but the next comparison is DCUU's win again comparing CA to Supes. We'll find out if WW and Aquaman can do Thor and Ant Man numbers. My point is that DCUU's future is bright after BvS, don't get the negativity just because the reviews. IM2's reception wasn't great either, but it didn't stop IM3 doing better business.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Avengers afterglow.

Lawd, it's like things such as logic and history have completely disappeared for some people.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Avengers afterglow.

Lawd, it's like things such as logic and history have completely disappeared for some people.

Some people believe, or at least believed, that the Avengers Effect wasn't actually a thing, especially prior to IM3.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Avengers afterglow.

Also aided by 3D and Disney taking over distribution from Paramount - which also helped The Avengers.  The O/S numbers are where IM3 truly exploded.  260% increase.  While domestically, IM adjusts to $385m and IM3 to $424m.

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

Going to 945 Imax tonight

I just got back from  XD-3D myself. The theater was pretty much empty, although most of the folks that are there are mainly for BvS ... hope weds # look ok.

Jeremy from Cinemasins posted a video review (he hated it, C- if good student/D+ if average) and said he thinks the 2nd weekend drop is going to be super hard.

He said he saw it yesterday where his town was on Spring Break and the theater was completely empty. I know again, that's just one person but that may explain the drop.