WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

C'mon man. I fucking LOVE these characters. LOVE them. Two of them more than I cared about ALL Marvel superheroes in the MCU but Spider-Man BEFORE Marvel Studios actually succeeded of making me more of an Avengers fan than an X-Men or Justice League one. 

But these characters other than Flash have literally zero of buzz with the GA. DCCU's strategy as it is isn't working, and it was obvious since the beginning that it wouldn't work. Too much characters to introduce in just one film and people actually caring about them. Flash doesn't have enough of buzz with the GA even if Grant Gustin was the one they were using it. 

What they need to do, if they want the kind of money that Disney is getting through Marvel Studios is made the GA care about them, just like Marvel made us care about the Avengers. Suicide Squad is coming, Wonder Woman is coming and maybe they should get either Flash or Aquaman for a 2017 release, but WITHOUT rushing it. There IS an interesting and different enough mythology to explore with these characters next to anything other superhero films are doing now. Wonder Woman will be the first superheroine film, Suicide Squad is the first villains anti-heroes team. Aquaman is so different than anything else right now that we have that it could blow everyone away with the right people behind it and James Wan totally seems to be that guy. 

There're no shortcuts for the kind of money that MCU does without compromising quality AND your profit in the long end. DC and Marvel heroes are our contemporary pantheon of gods, next to Star Wars. They are myths, but in order for people to get behind them focus on two things: quality and taking your time to build up your hype. Take your time to get things right, to show the world why Wonder Woman matters, why Flash matters, why Aquaman matters, why Cyborg matters. Get passionate people with the concept of these characters that are willing to make these characters their own, but at the same respecting the core f who they are, the reason that they tick. 

Unite the seven. But makes us care about them first. I think the best could ever happen to the DCCU is WB learning their lesson after MoS. They didn't. The very next best thing is they learning what went wrong with Batman v Superman and compromising to make these characters epic and larger than life. DC HAS WHAT IT TAKES. But there're no shortcuts for glory. They'll get there, as long as they understand how powerful these characters are on their own.

Agree Flash has a big following not only throughout the comics, but the Flash Show on CW as well. But believe it or not lots of kids follow Teen Titan (Saturday Cartoons) and many of them relates to Cyborg. So I wouldn't say Cyborg is a nobody. Out of the 3 I would say Aquaman is so/so, but enven then I think he has quite a few followers as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Agree Flash has a big following not only throughout the comics, but the Flash Show on CW as well. But believe it or not lots of kids follow Teen Titan (Saturday Cartoons) and many of them relates to Cyborg. So I wouldn't say Cyborg is a nobody. Out of the 3 I would say Aquaman is so/so, but enven then I think he has quite a few followers as well.

They are nobodies to the GA, just like Deadpool (arguably the most popular character other than Spider-Man in the Marvel comics before the film and a fucking monster after) but it just isn't enough. I'll say something that might ruffle some feathers but it's the cold hard truth: these characters are cyphers to the GA if you don't introduce them right. And if you don't introduce them right they simply don't care as much as they do for things that have their own built in mythology, their own fandoms, and that's what Marvel Studios did masterfully. There's no shame on introducing these characters right. There's no shame actually generating build up for your big event franchise that it's supposed to be Justice League. The very best thing that could happen right now is Warner learning from BvS and introducing these characters to us before going with Justice League. The next years could get us there. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

They are nobodies to the GA, just like Deadpool (arguably the most popular character other than Spider-Man in the Marvel comics before the film and a fucking monster after) but it just isn't enough. I'll say something that might ruffle some fears but it's the cold hard truth: these characters are cyphers to the GA if you don't introduce them right. And if you don't introduce them right they simply don't care as much as they do for things that have their own built in mythology, their own fandoms, and that's what Marvel Studios did masterfully. There's no shame on introducing these characters right. There's no shame actually generating build up for your big event franchise that it's supposed to be Justice League. The very best thing that could happen right now is Warner learning from BvS and introducing these characters to us before going with Justice League. The next years could get us there. 

I agree about the GA not knowing these characters. Not everyone knows who Aquaman is or who Deadpool is. More people know who The Flash is now because he has his own TV show. Before Deadpool came out, the GA didn't really know much about him and presales showed that. Hence why studios had the opening weekend at like $55M. Not because they didn't think it was a good movie but because they knew the GA wasn't too familiar with his character. Of course now everyone knows who Deadpool is. You can say the same thing about Aquaman. And Cyborg is a nobody to the GA

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

I watched BvS today, and I honestly don't know why there's a issue with it to people.. I really liked it.. I never really WATCHED the Justice League cartoon, but did sit through episodes... and Justice League is crazy nuts science fiction stuff.... and this is exactly what this was. It blended in Batmans past pretty well, while sending him into a new adventure. Help me out to understand the issues!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I watched BvS today, and I honestly don't know why there's a issue with it to people.. I really liked it.. I never really WATCHED the Justice League cartoon, but did sit through episodes... and Justice League is crazy nuts science fiction stuff.... and this is exactly what this was. It blended in Batmans past pretty well, while sending him into a new adventure. Help me out to understand the issues!

Go read the reviews thread. My personal issues are there. You'll find others too.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I think the movie is good until it gets to the climax then it's embarrassingly bad and goes on too long.

They should've improved the title fight then ended the movie soon after.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

I just wanna say that I am officially leaving the Mods team. I wanted to tell you all at the same time. I will also send a PM to Tele explaining what led me to this. I am probably taking a break from the forums as well. I feel tired, stressed and this place has turned into death. I just don't have it in me anymore to stay. I don't look at this as a goodbye, more like a see you soon. I like almost everyone and I will miss them, but my time has come. 

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page. I am not good with speeches, so I will just use images to describe how I feel.

Hide contents

trolling.png

Happy April Fools' day! :ph34r:

I saw this coming a mile away.  I only wish that it wasn't a joke.  

JK, CJOHN!! :P

17 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I encourage people to watch Midnight Special when they can. Fantastic film.

This is what I'm waiting for. This and Hardcore Henry.

I might be a huge Star Wars geek who waited many years for TFA but my favorite film of 2015 was still Ex Machina.

Hoping we get some underdog like that this year.

1 hour ago, Subzero said:

Huh ?? This is not a Justice League Movie. Plus there's nothing wrong with making less than 1B, as long as they make $$. Also to WB it's a successfully startup introducing the characters to the JL while making money, so in all scenerio WB have achieve it's goal.

I mean,..lets be real...had this movie been good...maybe not 1.5 billion...you're right, this isn't Justice League...but given how this is doing, and given the rancid response (critics and audiences)...come on, the potential was fucking THERE.

Good enough to move forward, but it could've done so, so much more.  WB will make money, but it's not quite the launching pad it could've been.  And the stage was totally set, and Snyder fumbled.  Not enough to lose the game...but enough that you gotta say...you could've done way better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

Everybody knows who the fucking Flash and Aquaman are. They don't need their own movies before the Justice League.

They probably want to increase their popularity before they have their own movies. Otherwise both would probably end up below 60m opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

Everybody knows who the fucking Flash and Aquaman are. They don't need their own movies before the Justice League.

Everybody's heard the names, and has some idea what they do. That doesn't mean they care about them, which is what matters in making them a box office draw. How many people cared about Thor, or Captain America, or even Iron Man, before Marvel put out their individual movies?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

They probably want to increase their popularity before they have their own movies. Otherwise both would probably end up below 60m opening.

Done right, of course they will be big. Hell, even Ant-Man did it, they can as well. 

2 minutes ago, Murgatroyd said:

Everybody's heard the names, and has some idea what they do. That doesn't mean they care about them, which is what matters in making them a box office draw. How many people cared about Thor, or Captain America, or even Iron Man, before Marvel put out their individual movies?

Exactly.

38 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I encourage people to watch Midnight Special when they can. Fantastic film.

Seconded.  It was well-rounded, there was little that wasn't well-executed and it was fun.

Also first time in a long time I went into a movie knowing nothing aside from having seen a brief teaser a while back and that was rather refreshing.  

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think the movie is good until it gets to the climax then it's embarrassingly bad and goes on too long.

They should've improved the title fight then ended the movie soon after.

1++++++++++++