WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Just now, Nova said:

All I'm going to say is that when BvS and CW had the same release date, Disney/Marvel didn't budge and didn't remove the release date. WB did because they knew they wouldn't be able to compete with CW if they kept the same release date. Why would they now, after the movie has been panned critically, received mixed WOM and underperformed at the box office re-release it so it's re-release coincides with when CW comes out? 

Let's not forget that the movie was originally going to come out last July and began filming when it was going to open on that date. They were at least somewhat aware they had an at least mildly troubled movie on their hands for a while (all of the reports of them being "nervous" would indicate as much on top of that).

• Like 1

Yeah, releasing the R rated cut in theaters would be useless. Let the heat die down, release the BD in July, August, people will probably be more open to revisiting it, and discover an entirely new version of the film. I think that touting the ultimate cut is going to be the big selling point of the DVD/BD/VOD release.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's in 19 theaters so the average is decent (usually the robust averages come 4-5 theater launches). It's an 80s college comedy (a niche subject if there ever was one) with a cast of unknowns. It was always going to find more of an audience after its theatrical run.

Even on 19 screens and with a niche subject matter and a cast of unknowns, I expected a stronger PTA. 

Edited by La Binoche

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Yeah for 10 CL ! While no one's watching, it's doing some sweet numbers.

I am hoping it reaches the 70M mark. It ensures the continuation of the franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, department store basement said:

Neighbors had good legs but it got a pretty mixed reputation from movie fans.

Also "kill the career of Seth" no he destroyed his own career with the Interview debacle.

The Interview was a great comedy

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this dude calling it the most important film in warner brother's history. i didn't realise warner brothers just started in 2001.

even since 2001 this isn't their "most important film".