WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

3 minutes ago, jedieb said:

And there's the Superman version:

91iP797pFwL._SY445_.jpg

The Batman is my favorite.... but with patience it won't be $129 for long...

That was pretty good. :lol:

You were a good sport about it, it was all in good fun. 

So, is there any consensus about Snyder's future? I've seen people saying he should be fired, others saying he should be fired and production should be delayed. Others are saying he should stay, but production might be delayed.

I would like him to stay. I think the guy is a good director if he has a good script. Both MOS and BVS scripts were below expectations. So, it's not that he would make a miracle.

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Well from what I've heard it cratered in Russia, all asian markets and is doing similarly bad in both the UK, Germany and Australia as it is here. The only place I've heard it's doing okay in is South America (others can confim who follow the international threads?).

Sorry dude, don't mean to be a downer but it's not looking good.

No need to be sorry, lol. I was just curious about the numbers.

Yeah, it's holding well in Mexico and Brazil. I've just read some sources about that. 

• Like 1

Pretty dull weekend. I have 0 interest in seeing BvS in the theater again so I opted to see Deadpool again yesterday and Zootopia again today. For me those 2 are still the highlights  of the year and the most fun to re-watch.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Panda Knight said:

I agree with both of you.  

But either way, WB will do what they think looks the most profitable.  If they think the increase in revenue they get from a new creative team will cover the lost costs from delaying the project, than they will and have every right to do so.

If you go into the film/entertainment industry you kind of need to go in expecting and preparing for things like this because they happen all of the time, job stability is hard to come by in the field.  And we don't go around saying, "What about the lost jobs?" for every movie that gets last minute changes in creative teams.  So it seems a little weird that only comes up now.  

Things fail all of the time and that often hurts the worker much more than the person actually responsible.  It's a sad truth.  

Hundred of TV shows get canceled every year without any advanced notice and people have to find new jobs. Nature of that business.

I work in retail and everyone knows that in retail we lose hours from january-spring. It's just the nature of the business. Waltons don't care that I have a mortgage to pay, they have a bottom line to maintain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incarnadine said:

Pretty dull weekend. I have 0 interest in seeing BvS in the theater again so I opted to see Deadpool again yesterday and Zootopia again today. For me those 2 are still the highlights  of the year and the most fun to re-watch.

You should watch movies at home instead like I do when there's nothing interesting in the theater. I watched Bridge of Spies for the first time this morning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

No need to be sorry, lol. I was just curious about the numbers.

Yeah, it's holding well in Mexico and Brazil. I've just read some sources about that. 

It had very good Mexico weekday #s because of the extended holidays but it's Friday had a very small jump and I think was down from 4.3 to 1.4 from last Friday a 67.5% drop (and last Friday was 20% down from opening Thur $5.3m so a 73.6% drop from opening day))

• Like 1

• Community Manager
27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You are aware that the version now out in theaters is the only version almost everyone in the world will ever see, right? This isn't Blade Runner.

Yeah, I'm outta here.

Not necessarily. If TV reruns show the ultimate version, it can get the exposure it needs. This is assuming the ultimate cut fixes the problems.

From Rth.

AUD4.4m second weekend in Australia.  Nothing else opened this weekend.

-67%

I'm pretty sure that's the worst drop ever for any movie opening over AUD10m.  Worse then any of the Twilight's.

16 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is there any consensus about Snyder's future? I've seen people saying he should be fired, others saying he should be fired and production should be delayed. Others are saying he should stay, but production might be delayed.

I would like him to stay. I think the guy is a good director if he has a good script. Both MOS and BVS scripts were below expectations. So, it's not that he would make a miracle.

The problem is that he's responsible for those scripts. He and his wife are running the DCCU. Terrio didn't just come up to him out of the blue trying to make his BvS movie a reality, Snyder dictated it to him, at least in the broad strokes. Supposedly Goyer's script was also awful because he was trying to fulfill Snyder's demands. Snyder, when you get right down to it, is a bad story teller.

• Like 2

Are we actually seeing worse legs than Batman and Robin?

Batman and Robin

OW: 42m

DOM: 107m (2.54x mutiplier)

BvS

OW: 166m

DOM: 350m (2.1x)  (or it most likely will go lower than that)

:ph34r:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It had very good Mexico weekday #s because of the extended holidays but it's Friday had a very small jump and I think was down from 4.3 to 1.4 from last Friday a 67.5% drop (and last Friday was 20% down from opening Thur $5.3m so a 73.6% drop from opening day))

Oh hell...Thanks for the update. Yep, not looking good, if that number is real...

I guess we'll have to see BVS performance in the long haul. Wow, I didn't expect it to drop that much overseas.

25 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I would argue the BVS script was actually much better than the MOS script. Both films have the same problem. Snyder makes collections of scenes, not full films. The tone and pacing is always off, regardless of script.

Pretty much any problem storywise with BVS is explained in the film the movie is edited in such a way that nothing is clear just confusing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Are we actually seeing worse legs than Batman and Robin?

Batman and Robin

OW: 42m

DOM: 107m (2.54x mutiplier)

BvS

OW: 166m

DOM: 350m (2.1x)  (or it most likely will go lower than that)

:ph34r:

It would be amusing but movies were waaay less front loaded back in the 90s.

• Like 1