WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

This is the lead story in the Entertainment section of the Sydney Morning Herald this morning.  

"Having soared to record heights on its opening weekend, Batman v Superman looks likely to plummet to record lows on its second, thus proving it is possible for a movie to be both a hit and a flop at the same time."

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/batman-v-superman-set-for-spectacular-crash-in-second-weekend-20160403-gnx2at.html

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

lol why is Hardocre Henry opening in 3,000+ theaters? i thought it was some Drafthouse "three weeks in limited release and then VOD" deal. 

Probably because STX got big gains off of The Gift and The Boy and theaters have stuff to get rid of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

BvS has another week of Easter holidays in many places, the early release of The Jungle Book and Huntsman in some places might dent it but I think 900m is doable.

The fact that this is a hopeful comment is so sad. Anything below $1B is awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The47th said:

The fact that this is a hopeful comment is so sad. Anything below $1B is awful.

Why anything below 1B is awful? because you said so?
Or because now that it's hardly reachable u and the haters found yet *another* negative thing to add to your neverending list?
If it would pass 1B i'm pretty sure you'll find some other number and decide its awful cause it didn't reach it.
It's already successful, and many fans support this film.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Shorts said:

Zootopia over Minions?  Dare I say over Inside Out? Or is the gap just too big with Jungle Book coming out in a few weeks?

Minions is a likely goal. If Zootopia keeps on beating expectations week after week, who knows where it will land?

• Like 1