cannastop

Weekend Actuals: The Boss: $23.6M BvS: $23.4M Zootopia: $14.35M Hardcore Henry: $5.11M

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

I wonder what course this charts for BVS going forward, with a bit more stabilization in its weekend decline. It's not seriously going to miss $350M is it? 

It's very probable, according to many people here. I'm sorry if that disappoints you.

And The Jungle Book isn't going to stabilize BvS at all.

I hope BvS can actually at least get a 2x multiplier by the end of it's run.

I don't really care for the movie itself (I think it's decent, if slightly dragged. Dark tones is okay, but does it really have to be somber?) but I'm really pumped for the solo movies.

Universal will do OK this year. Pets and Bourne will cross the 100M mark for sure, and Sing will probably provide some profit too. Neighbors 2 as well. Warcraft and Peregrine are the only question marks, and even then, no way they're exactly a Tomorrowland/Fant4stic type of flop.

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's very probable, according to many people here. I'm sorry if that disappoints you.

And The Jungle Book isn't going to stabilize BvS at all.

Hahaha no not at all. I'm pretty happy about it actually :P Not to be mean.

I just thought even after the first week no way this movie misses $350M but after that second weekend.. Ick. Yeah, it became very possible. Now it's very likely. 

Universal will be fine.

Sony on the other hand, needs our collective prayers.

Their 100m prospects are very slim.

Movie Title (click to view) Studio Release Date
The Meddler Sony Classics 4/22/16
Dark Horse (2016) Sony Classics 5/6/16
Money Monster Sony / Columbia 5/13/16
The Angry Birds Movie Sony / Columbia 5/20/16
Maggie's Plan Sony Classics 5/20/16
Eat That Question: Frank Zappa in His Own Words Sony Classics 6/24/16
The Shallows Sony / Columbia 6/24/16
Our Little Sister Sony Classics 7/8/16
Ghostbusters (2016) Sony / Columbia 7/15/16
Equity Sony Classics 7/29/16
The Hollars Sony Classics 8/12/16
Sausage Party Sony / Columbia 8/12/16
Patient Zero Sony / Columbia 9/2/16
When the Bough Breaks Sony / Screen Gems 9/16/16
The Magnificent Seven (2016) Sony / Columbia 9/23/16
SPA TBA (2016) Sony / Columbia 9/23/16
Underworld 5 Sony / Screen Gems 10/14/16
Inferno Sony / Columbia 10/28/16
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk TriStar 11/11/16
Passengers (2016) Sony / Columbia 12/21/16

From these, i only see Angry Birds, Ghosbusters, Inferno, Billy Lynn and Passengers as the likely ones.

I have this nagging feeling that my girl Blake will get another hit with The Shallows. Hopefully that surprises and makes it to 100m

Edited by jj99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

Neighbors 2 will probably do it if it isn't terribly received. It only needs to drop 33% from the first to make 100m.

33 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Universal will do OK this year. Pets and Bourne will cross the 100M mark for sure, and Sing will probably provide some profit too. Neighbors 2 as well. Warcraft and Peregrine are the only question marks, and even then, no way they're exactly a Tomorrowland/Fant4stic type of flop.

i also see The Girl on the Train making it past 100m.

Its based on a very popular book, which has sold over 3Million copies as of August 2015.

4 hours ago, jj99 said:

Universal will be fine.

Sony on the other hand, needs our collective prayers.

Their 100m prospects are very slim.

Movie Title (click to view) Studio Release Date
The Meddler Sony Classics 4/22/16
Dark Horse (2016) Sony Classics 5/6/16
Money Monster Sony / Columbia 5/13/16
The Angry Birds Movie Sony / Columbia 5/20/16
Maggie's Plan Sony Classics 5/20/16
Eat That Question: Frank Zappa in His Own Words Sony Classics 6/24/16
The Shallows Sony / Columbia 6/24/16
Our Little Sister Sony Classics 7/8/16
Ghostbusters (2016) Sony / Columbia 7/15/16
Equity Sony Classics 7/29/16
The Hollars Sony Classics 8/12/16
Sausage Party Sony / Columbia 8/12/16
Patient Zero Sony / Columbia 9/2/16
When the Bough Breaks Sony / Screen Gems 9/16/16
The Magnificent Seven (2016) Sony / Columbia 9/23/16
SPA TBA (2016) Sony / Columbia 9/23/16
Underworld 5 Sony / Screen Gems 10/14/16
Inferno Sony / Columbia 10/28/16
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk TriStar 11/11/16
Passengers (2016) Sony / Columbia 12/21/16

From these, i only see Angry Birds, Ghosbusters, Inferno, Billy Lynn and Passengers as the likely ones.

I have this nagging feeling that my girl Blake will get another hit with The Shallows. Hopefully that surprises and makes it to 100m

I think The Shallows will be a hit that no one expects. Once the trailer dropped, it received more buzz than I thought it would. And having read the script...it's a very very good script. If it's done right, The Shallows should be a very good movie that people will go watch to counter all the big budget films coming out. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think The Shallows will be a hit that no one expects. Once the trailer dropped, it received more buzz than I thought it would. And having read the script...it's a very very good script. If it's done right, The Shallows should be a very good movie that people will go watch to counter all the big budget films coming out. 

Blake's starting to get noticed and that's awesome. I've always liked her, The Green Lantern really messed up for career for a bit there, that was a shame, I don't think she's complaining though, she's got an awesome husband out of it after all.

I really hope it does well.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Hopefully, but highly unlikely. BvS has won the DOM war. WW is still very much in doubt, with the edge to Zoo. 

Zootopia is locked to beat BVS WW even without Japan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Haven't read the script but form little bit ive gathered from IMDB, it sounds pretty intense.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Blake's starting to get noticed and that's awesome. I've always liked her, The Green Lantern really messed up for career for a bit there, that was a shame, I don't think she's complaining though, she's got an awesome husband out of it after all.

I really hope it does well.

Fingers Crossed.

Plus she's got the Woody Allen movie Opening Cannes. Hope that is god too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jj99 said:

i also see The Girl on the Train making it past 100m.

Its based on a very popular book, which has sold over 3Million copies as of August 2015.

5 hours ago, department store basement said:

Peregrine is Fox.

Well fuck, I thought it was the other way around w/The Girl On The Train being Fox (similarly to Gone Girl, guess it's easy to mistake both just because they're mystery thrillers w/girl on the title :rofl:) and Peregrine being Universal XD

Well, The Girl On The Train absolutely will cross 100M. Gone Girl being the obvious comparision here. Not sure if the movie will be as good as Gone Girl, but it has its first two weeks all to itself (unless The Accountant or the Kevin Hart concert thing overperform), and it's directed by the guy that made The Help and Get On Up, plus the book is indeed very popular.

• Like 1