Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

43 minutes ago, john2000 said:

easily i would say

ps as for dom prospects i would way , it could match ww dom depending from the ow

Hmm I wouldn’t describe $413m as “easy” for many films. 

It took Captain Marvel until the day Endgame came out to pass that. It made $14m after that. 

Legs wise, Wonder Woman’s multiplier (4x) is a complete impossibility obviously.
But this should open much higher. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm I wouldn’t describe $413m as “easy” for many films. 

It took Captain Marvel until the day Endgame came out to pass that. It made $14m after that. 

Legs wise, Wonder Woman’s multiplier (4x) is a complete impossibility obviously.
But this should open much higher. 

easy was about os, not domestic, the question was if marvel brand is stronger in os than in us

Edited by john2000

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yes. I mean like inflation exists but it wasn't that long ago that AMATW was only doing 350k likes. 

Hmm, I guess that’s fair. I feel like 2019 kicked things into another level and BW while not an A tier character for hype is clearly above the AM franchise (which I personally really like). So I was personally thinking more along the lines of “how fast will it hit 1M” than “will it hit 1M” yesterday.    

Eternals and Shang-Chi and DS2 and Spidey 3 and Thor 4 are all going to be easy 1M+ also in my opinion. Hoping at least one of them pulls 2M+.

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Hmm, I guess that’s fair. I feel like 2019 kicked things into another level and BW while not an A tier character for hype is clearly above the AM franchise (which I personally really like). So I was personally thinking more along the lines of “how fast will it hit 1M” than “will it hit 1M” yesterday.    

Eternals and Shang-Chi and DS2 and Spidey 3 and Thor 4 are all going to be easy 1M+ also in my opinion. Hoping at least one of them pulls 2M+.

Fair enough. But one good sign is that it's far outpacing CM in likes (that had 714k after 24 hours) even though it's behind in views.

• Like 1

So far, everything about this feels like it will do “generic MCU movie” numbers. Might change in next 6 months of course.    

But the BO is still interesting cause nobody really has a grasp on the new “generic MCU movie numbers” are after the last two years. Is it 350+650? I’d guess a bit lower, but maybe.   

Edit: Also, for clarity, I don’t necessarily expect it to be a generic movie, just pull generic franchise numbers.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

#1 on Trending in NZ (it's me watching it on repeat of course). 😍

bc69de1af62c785de731a64c769452972e753cec

True story, it took me ages to get to sleep last night because I was so hyped after watching it 10 times in a row. But I'm gonna try to not watch the second trailer so I don't have all the coolest stuff spoiled, and quite frankly I don't want to know anything else about the story. That tease was more than enough, just gimme the movie now.

• Like 11

I don't know, is anyone else actually looking forward to a more "grounded" MCU film? I know I am. The MCU has several different worlds, or corners: cosmic (Guardians), fantastical (Thor), magical (Doctor Strange) technical (Iron Man) etc. This would be the grounded or spy corner of the MCU, the ground floor so to speak. Think something like Agents of Shield on steroids and with recognizable characters. It's a flavour we haven't really tasted in awhile and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I don't know, is anyone else actually looking forward to a more "grounded" MCU film? I know I am. The MCU has several different worlds, or corners: cosmic (Guardians), fantastical (Thor), magical (Doctor Strange) technical (Iron Man) etc. This would be the grounded or spy corner of the MCU, the ground floor so to speak. Think something like Agents of Shield on steroids and with recognizable characters. It's a flavour we haven't really tasted in awhile and I'm looking forward to it.

If anything the trailer seemed a bit less grounded than I was hoping. Even TWS has a huge CGI act 3 set piece though, and it’s still spectacular. 

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Personally, no. I don’t particular watch SH movies to see them be “grounded”.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Nah, AOS is this movie on steroids. AOS plot is far less grounded than anything that will be in this movie.

I sort of agree on appreciating a more grounded feel, but barring Spidey I generally prefer the cosmic movies, so I'm more excited for Eternals and some of the future projects. Still will be there for this day 1 as it looks like a lot of fun and BW is an awesome character.

Edited by Menor

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

Nah, AOS is this movie on steroids. AOS plot is far less grounded than anything that will be in this movie.

I sort of agree on appreciating a more grounded feel, but barring Spidey I generally prefer the cosmic movies, so I'm more excited for Eternals and some of the future projects. Still will be there for this day 1 as it looks like a lot of fun and BW is an awesome character.

Actually, true that. I guess I was thinking AoS season 1: just agents doing their thing on the ground level.

Agree about Eternals as well. I'm REALLY stoked for that one! I just mean it's nice to get a BW flavour of MCU movie now and then.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

I generally prefer the cosmic movies, so I'm more excited for Eternals and some of the future projects

I’m significantly more excited for Eternals and projects like WandaVision and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness than I am any of the “normal” character projects like Black Widow, Falcon and the Winter Soldier or Hawkeye.

• Like 3