CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

The one film that Korea gets 2 months after the rest of the world :( It's really annoying not being able to see this film.

Do not feel too bad for me though as my local cinema instead has the ultra new releases of... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Ben Hur! (The Heston One)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Durden said:

Does Disney’s ‘Jungle Book’ Success Spell Trouble for Warner Bros. Version?

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jungle-book-disney-warner-bros-remake-1201755271/

Warner Bros. likely has no real choice but to scrap their entire project and use the money and technology to give Andy Serkis something better to do.  

22 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

The one film that Korea gets 2 months after the rest of the world :( It's really annoying not being able to see this film.

Do not feel too bad for me though as my local cinema instead has the ultra new releases of... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Ben Hur! (The Heston One)

Both of those are likely much better than TJB (I haven't seen either :ph34r: )

22 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Wow. I'm actually jealous.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The cast for that film is pretty expensive so I doubt they'd just cut it. They definitely will change the title however.

Keep the cast and use the technology to shoot a different movie.  

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

And to think, this was unimaginable back in January.. MARVEL was deemed a has been and BvsS was supposed to be WB/DC's version of The AVENGERS and it can't even get the job done.. All I saw was "The Trinity This and the Trinity that" and when these so called 3 Iconic Superhero's can't dent the box office, that makes me wonder if it's not so much Zack Snyder is the problem as it is that the general audience just doesn't dig DC like the fans do, excluding Nolan's Trilogy for obvious reasons???

I don't think this is a DC thing at all. It's a poorly executed film thing. Another director and a more traditional interpretation of Superman and... Ugh, can't wait for CA and a more positive experience.

Very impressed by JB. Neither of my kids seem interested but we had a lot going on this weekend with a birthday. Maybe we'll catch it next week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Panda Knight said:

I want a 2 and a half hour Mulan epic, they can weave some of the themes in there, but Id cut the singing.  Of course, that means Disney isn't going to do it.

I dunna. They seemed willing to drop the songs in Cinderella. I think with the right director, they could make an epic with songs, of course that's an IF. 

42 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Warner Bros. likely has no real choice but to scrap their entire project and use the money and technology to give Andy Serkis something better to do.  

They should let Serkis do Animal Farm for a lower budget.

He's been wanting to adapt it for a while.

• Like 5