CJohn

Daddy's Home 2 | November 10, 2017 | Mel Gibson, John Lithgow join. Trailer on page 3

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Did the Rotten Tomatoes See It Skip it show do a review for this movie and reveal the 0% rating at the end? lol

They didn't even bother. The end of the episode was just "Daddy's Home 2, Thelma, and some other movie also come out this weekend" without a single mention of it or any of the other movies' RT score. Sad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I have no fucking idea why this is at 0%. Critics are becoming an official hive mind.

Compared to A Bad Mom's Christmas, I was entertained by this. I’m not going to lie, but Will Ferrell movies are my guilty pleasure of comedies. Where people I know would consider Adam Sandler movies as their guilty pleasure (and I have absolutely no idea why), Ferrell has been my muse. I laughed through “Get Hard,” I personally enjoyed “The House,” and you know what? I like this! Yeah. I liked “Daddy’s Home 2.” 

In honesty, there is no plot to “Daddy’s Home 2.” All there is nothing but a series of vignettes and subplots that are set up so that it can play into a punchline that would come in towards the third act. How does this plot of this family going on vacation is set up? Oh, Dusty’s dad books an Air BNB a place at a lodge for like eight people and you’re there going, “That's not how Air BNB works. There is no way Air BNB would be that reliably accessible.” After that, you have nothing but subplots amongst subplots. I’ll be damned if some of them weren’t funny but there is no real story beyond “Hey granddads are home for Christmas.”

What I do like about this film opposed to its predecessor is its heart. Whatever it lacks in story and consistent humor, it makes up for it in its good nature. While other Christmas films released in past several years lacked the true meaning of Christmas and tried too hard just to be shock value comedies, this wears its heart right on its sleeve, and I respect it for that. You can do much worse with “Daddy’s Home 2,” but it is rightfully joyful and more entertaining than it needs to be. 

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//daddys-home-2-review

• Like 6

8 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

Honestly, I have no fucking idea why this is at 0%. Critics are becoming an official hive mind.

Compared to A Bad Mom's Christmas, I was entertained by this. I’m not going to lie, but Will Ferrell movies are my guilty pleasure of comedies. Where people I know would consider Adam Sandler movies as their guilty pleasure (and I have absolutely no idea why), Ferrell has been my muse. I laughed through “Get Hard,” I personally enjoyed “The House,” and you know what? I like this! Yeah. I liked “Daddy’s Home 2.” 

In honesty, there is no plot to “Daddy’s Home 2.” All there is nothing but a series of vignettes and subplots that are set up so that it can play into a punchline that would come in towards the third act. How does this plot of this family going on vacation is set up? Oh, Dusty’s dad books an Air BNB a place at a lodge for like eight people and you’re there going, “That's not how Air BNB works. There is no way Air BNB would be that reliably accessible.” After that, you have nothing but subplots amongst subplots. I’ll be damned if some of them weren’t funny but there is no real story beyond “Hey granddads are home for Christmas.”

What I do like about this film opposed to its predecessor is its heart. Whatever it lacks in story and consistent humor, it makes up for it in its good nature. While other Christmas films released in past several years lacked the true meaning of Christmas and tried too hard just to be shock value comedies, this wears its heart right on its sleeve, and I respect it for that. You can do much worse with “Daddy’s Home 2,” but it is rightfully joyful and more entertaining than it needs to be. 

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//daddys-home-2-review

Absolutely.  I personally didn't enjoy it, but it is not a 0%.  I could see many people liking it and it had its moments (good and bad).  0% is completely absurd and makes me more annoyed at the RT critics than the movie.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Uh, bad timing?

Mel Gibson's Kurt tries to tell kids a joke about "two dead hookers" (i.e. violence against women) and mentors his grandson on how to grope.

Meh. If it’s funny, it’s funny.

Mojo says the prod budget for Daddy2 is ~70m. Daddy1 did 243 ww (151 dom and 92 os).

If this one does 70m dom and os for 140 ww, it's not gonna loose money imo.

Such a drop would be a bit embarrassing but the movie will be fine. Probably needs 200m ww for Daddy3 to be made.

Edited by a2knet

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Mojo says the prod budget for Daddy2 is ~70m. Daddy1 did 243 ww (151 dom and 92 os).

If this one does 70m dom and os for 140 ww, it's not gonna loose money imo.

Such a drop would be a bit embarrassing but the movie will be fine. Probably needs 200m ww for Daddy3 to be made.

This is the sort of film that'll do well in home entertainment and TV airings. I don't know how they could do a third film without resorting to the usual families on vacation idea or something else.

• Like 1