CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, grey ghost said:

How many people knew it had a 90% on RT and featured one the best versions of Spider-man?

Lots of people probably assumed it was another mediocre movie like AOU with the same characters.

I'm just saying most people know that most of the Avengers are in it rather than just Cap, Sam, Bucky, and Natasha. 

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How many people knew it had a 90% on RT and featured one the best versions of Spider-man?

Lots of people probably assumed it was another mediocre movie like AOU with the same characters.

Two of co-workers didn't know Spider-man was in this movie. Honest to goodness truth. Never even heard the name Tom Holland.

#WeAreNerds

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Star-Lord said:

Two of co-workers didn't know Spider-man was in this movie. Honest to goodness truth. Never even heard the name Tom Holland.

#WeAreNerds

As ballistic as the marketing campaign has been, if someone doesn't know Spider-Man is in the movie, it's their fault, not the studio's. This movie isn't exactly flying in under the radar.

Edited by johnboy3434

Just now, Star-Lord said:

#WeAreNerds

My dad asked why did they change Spider Man again considering it's only been two years since Garfield's last movie. He said he liked Holland better and I told him he wasn't alone. 

12 minutes ago, Star-Lord said:

Btw those expecting some kind of West Coast push, it's raining hard down here in So California (in Pomona about 40 mins from LA).

People might be more inclined to just stay home.

Not sure about the weather without looking at it but could mean a bigger Saturday push too. Long way to go this weekend has. 

But yeah somewhere from 175 - 195 seems the most likely.

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I have serious Ultron flashbacks.

Nah nowhere near as bad. Hollywood Reporter and Variety were reporting 225-230 that night. Then came the drops.

They seem to not be making that mistake again and being more conservative.

BTW guyz:

If BvS had 81.5M on Friday (with its 27.7M on previews) yet ended up with 166M OW, 

how CW is tracking on 180M OW?

That's relying on the good WoM and the great reviews or some other factor?

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

If BvS had 81.5M on Friday (with its 27.7M on previews) yet ended up with 166M OW, 

Batman films tend to be more frontloaded than Marvel films.

Just now, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

BvS's Friday was inflated because Good Friday.

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

Martha Will not Die Tonight 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't trust the woman behind me to stay quiet :kitschjob:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a way to shut her up

giphy.gif