CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They are as bad as Ultron's numbers. Can you imagine owning a franchise that pulls 170M+ OW with every event movie and that shows no signs of slowing down? Sounds terrible.

Sony, Paramount and Fox would kill for one movie with 160+ m OW.

Marvel Studios has three going on four. :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Isn't there a guy on Forbes, who predicted Civil War at 2 billion worldwide?

People keep inflating and overhyping a movie's performance, only to be surprised when the movie fails to reach their already laughable ans absurd predictions. lol

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i guess he's not a thing in the US but it can be a british production, the honey monster was always my favourite.

It isn't outgrossing TFA or Rogue One.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i guess he's not a thing in the US but it can be a british production, the honey monster was always my favourite.

Jesus fucking Christ.

NSFW under the spoilers:

Spoiler

Just now, VGPOP said:

No. I am reading movie can still do $70 million Saturday.  Well, that was before RTH made his appearance.

I feel the most this movie will do is $58 million now on Saturday and that's with a $77 million Friday.

That's a 25% decrease. Not impossible but the Saturday drop should be under 20%

7 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Almost every major outlet was predicting around 200m OW though.

Would these be the same major outlets that this board consistently mocks as being not very good at forecasting? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

No. I am reading movie can still do $70 million Saturday.  Well, that was before RTH made his appearance.

I feel the most this movie will do is $58 million now on Saturday and that's with a $77 million Friday.

I don't think that. And I don't see anyone here who thinks that it's going to have the biggest Saturday ever.

13 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I wouldn't rule out many DC hardcore fans skiping CW after the BvS war.
I'm one of them, before that I went to check every single Marvel movie.

tumblr_n329tpiF5i1s2791bo5_250_zps29b84b

• Like 4

Just now, cannastop said:

I don't think that. And I don't see anyone here who thinks that it's going to have the biggest Saturday ever.

Well, not now.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

NSFW under the spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

not a cereal mascot but if you like that guy you'll love mr. blobby. similar vibe. should get a movie for sure. tom hooper should direct as he is a british icon after all

17 minutes ago, Ohana said:

many DC hardcore fans

AKA People who are bat shit crazy. Like a fan who recommended that someone shoot up a theater playing Civil War or another who complained that there was a Marvel trailer in front of BvS.

Or the ones going on and on about a smear campaign and paid off critics.

Yeah they won't be missed.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Wow. This is crazy. Imagine if this didn't get great reviews. I think having two big cbms before it has had an effect as well.

Imagine if it got a 28 on RT.

Cast shade at Batman, pay the price. :batman:

11 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

Well that just seems incredibly petty.

I'd like this 1000x if I could lol

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard regarding box office. Sometimes I just don't get people. 

That would be like if TFA got mixed WOM and I decided to boycott the next Star Trek movie out of spite even though I actually liked the last two movies lol. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Oh shit!!! :lol:

if presales aren't that huge there could be upside ,want it to be preforming a the very least like AOU,  ie not like BvS (the # would come down). Fantastic number no matter where it winds up.

Guess you missed that part? He also stated it was from a few hours ago. Or are you just trying to bait people like usual?

The funny thing is if this does magically pull an increase in a few hours, you'll be nowhere to be found.

Poor Captain America. The movie will increase about +80% from predecessor in its opening weekend and we are sad by its number.

F'ng Tony Stark and company had to ruin it.

BOM prediction - $210 million?

BO.com prediction - $214 million?

What the hell happened?

:angry: