CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

32 minutes ago, FTF said:

But this isn't really a sequel to just WS...as many of us have stated already, it's really Avengers 2.5 or 3.  But it's a massive OW and only seems less such because many got nuts with their $200m+ predictions, etc.

But it really doesn't matter what "many of you have stated".  It's a Captain America movie.

41 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My summer game is fucked.

Yup.

@chasmmi, @WrathOfHan, @The Panda Knight, @ThatOneGuy, @firedeep, @grey ghost, @Kalo, @movieman, @Treetrunk Special, @Dexter of Suburbia, @Empire, @Simionski, @JJ-8, @Jake Gittes, @Jayhawk, @#ED, @Exxdee, @kayumanggi, @Mike Hunt, and @Alpha...what the fuck were you guys thinking? lol

Now, I can't wait to see the look on the people's faces that are predicting over $300m for Suicide Squad...

6 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Next update with in an hour. 

Let the meltdowns :rant: or melt ups:OMG: go turbo

Could you imagine 165.9m:batman:

tumblr_o4swtjzzNa1rc7zl1o1_540.gif

Happy Marthar's Day!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

@Baumer, forget Captain America, tomorrow you should go to the ballpark to see Clayton Kershaw face off against your boys. 

Nope.  I'm boycotting the Jays this year.  Fuck them and their cheap ass, cocky, asshole new regime.  They all came from Cleveland and are treating Toronto like we are Cleveland.  Plus Rogers Communication didn't spend any money in the off season.  When they were going to sign Price, I was on a list to get season tickets this year.  Then they didn't so I cancelled.  So fuck them.

• Like 1

I liked the movie even better a second time, and my audience was extremely enthusiastic for both last night and tonight. Compared to the opening night showing of AoU last year which had very little enthusiasm that waned down to none as it went on, and no applause at the end. Just a little anecdotal WOM comparison from the theaters around here. 

1 hour ago, babz06 said:

If they have a plan for a real end to this cinematic universe then the last one might get close to or surpass first avengers OW numbers. Otherwise i agree. 

I was at $185m OW until all the insane hype. and near universal acclaim it was receiving. should have stuck with my gut feeling after the first trailer that it was a smaller scale more personal Captain America film and would perform as such.. I still think it will hit $180m ow and well over $400m when all is said and done though.

Edited by Kalo

19 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Nearly 2,000 reviews have been added on Flixster since this afternoon. It has not budged from 91% 4.4/5.

It only dropped to 8.5 on metacritic. Think it was an 8.6 earlier.

That means it should hold strong over the weekend unlike another film.

It dropped to 8.4 and rise again to 8.5

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But it really doesn't matter what "many of you have stated".  It's a Captain America movie.

Come on now...that's like saying Creed isn't a Rocky movie, it's a Creed movie.  It has Captain America in the title but there's 10+ Avengers in the movie, etc, etc.

• Like 1

I honestly don't care if it makes trillions of dollars, it's going to be a huge financial success for the studio and it's the best superhero film ever made, if American audiences are too stupid to see that for themselves, then it's their loss. 

Edited by Kalo

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

So you guys think this will finish with less than 400 now?

How?

Yeah I don't understand those saying it won't beat Deadpool.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I saw that. It was 8.4 the first time I looked and then 8.5, the second. But it was 8.6 earlier.

So WOM is good everywhere.

Yes, hope Sat will do better when WOM really kick in. Friday number is quite disappointing.

2 minutes ago, FTF said:

Come on now...that's like saying Creed isn't a Rocky movie, it's a Creed movie.  It has Captain America in the title but there's 10+ Avengers in the movie, etc, etc.

Creed never had his own movie.

Just now, Kalo said:

I honestly don't care if it make trillions of dollars, it's going to be a huge financial success for the studio and it's the best superhero film ever made, if American audiences are too stupid to see that for themselves, then it's their loss. 

No way this is a better SH film than TDK, I bet it's not even close.

• Like 2