CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean Rebecca Ferguson is too old to play Ariel at this point.

That would be quite the twist for Mission: Impossible 7 for her to dress up as a mermaid for an underwater scene.

Not that I wouldn't welcome it.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

what did I say? :lol: please post the quote. 

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I just don't want Discount JLaw to have a bigger unwatchable horror boxoffice than JLaw:lol:

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Pugh is Discount JLaw. ;)She has some passing resemblance and they are putting her in everything. Since she's headlining an unwatchable auteur horror like JLaw did with Mother! I just don't want Midsommar to do better than Mother! I don't like it that Hollywood is trying to replace Jlaw with Pugh. 

On 7/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, Valonqar said:

Ok, so this is stylish but not my thing at all. It's a comedy but I don't know just didn't land for me but I'm sure that crowd that's crazy about Hereditary and Midsomer will eat it up. It's a well cut trailer and actors chew scenery like they should in this type of a movie. But yeah, did not convince me to check it out. 

15 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Why not go with a Hispanic girl which would go along better with a Caribbean theme?

Jamaica, Haiti, the Bahamas and numerous other islands/countries would like a word with you.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Jamaica, Haiti, the Bahamas and numerous other islands/countries would like a word with you.

Speaking of... can we get Rihanna?  I'll be happy with any role for the "Battleship" star.

• Like 1

Just now, expensiveho said:

Speaking of... can we get Rihanna?  I'll be happy with any role for the "Battleship" star.

Y'know if they're already gender-bending Scuttle, I'd be very interested in her Under the Sea cover.

21 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Does this mean she Will mot be a redhead. I hope not. I am now really scared about how this is Gonna perform. The look in this picture just is not Ariel. To racebend her is fine but not give her red hair ayy. If Harry styles or noah centineo is gonna play Eric, then they have probably wasted what maybe could have been their most succesful live-action adaptation. Weirdly the only casting i like is mccarthy cause i wanna see her have good work

Edited by Julian1410
  • Like 1

ws4cxw.jpg

There. She has red hair now. Can we please stop this nonsense. It starts production in 2020 and we won’t have it until 2021. No one wins if this turns into an eighteen month wankfest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

This project appears to be moving so fast that it feels like a missed opportunity not to have it ready for December 2020. I know Cruella is slated there right now but it doesn't carry the same weight as a Christmas tentpole family release that TLM would. As it stands, this will probably take either the March or May 2021 slot reserved for a Disney live-action movie, which is in keeping with the usual 2 year-gap between cast announcements and the eventual release.

I think the movie will do fine but we are going to hear how this is not a live-action remake like the others. Likewise, I think that merchandise will have a MAJOR problem selling. Not because of any color but because too many people know Ariel as the 1989 version. Belle, Cinderella, and Jasmine (and Mulan in the Spring) can all pass for being similar enough to the cartoons that merchandise isn't an issue.

The question is will Disney have to redesign their ride and other aspects at disney world parks?

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

The question is will Disney have to redesign their ride and other aspects at disney world parks?

...Have they redesigned any attraction to fit the live action movies?

White Ariel still exists, they don't have to change anything.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1