CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

3 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Weird. I just noticed that all of the trailers for this on YT have been switched to YouTube Kids. 😳

What does that mean? Does it mean that they weren't available on YT kids before? Or that they are only available on YT kids? (which isn't true of course).

8 hours ago, jedijake said:

What does that mean? Does it mean that they weren't available on YT kids before? Or that they are only available on YT kids? (which isn't true of course).

It's just a setting that says the video is "made for kids" which has more restrictions like comments being disabled.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

WTF is this? THE LIGHTHOUSE?

Weird release. Families and kids don't care about the Oscars. A better fit would have been the Kids Choice Awards. I guess it's free advertising since Disney owns ABC?

Hopefully unlike Lighthouse, they don't show us mermaid ***** in TLM. What a weird movie.🤔

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Weird release. Families and kids don't care about the Oscars. A better fit would have been the Kids Choice Awards. I guess it's free advertising since Disney owns ABC?

Hopefully unlike Lighthouse, they don't show us mermaid ***** in TLM. What a weird movie.🤔

This is a 4 quad blockbuster so the Oscars seem like the perfect place to drum up interest. Bailey and McCarthy are also confirmed to be at the ceremony as presenters.

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Finally GIFs | Tenor

The wait for a proper trailer was getting almost as annoying as the wait for the Fantastic 4 casting news

You know the haters are already sharpening their knives, and the Disneystans are ready to pounce.

I'll be in the back watching with my popcorn.:popcorn:

Is this movie getting delayed or something? Coming out in 2 months and still no main trailer. Must be the people at Disney who marketed the last few Marvel films behind this.

edited to add, serves me right for not reading the recent posts lol. It’s about time Disney. Now let’s see Ursula.

Edited by eddyxx

Anyone here remember that time around 2015 when Universal/Working Title was planning their own Little Mermaid adaptation with Chloe Grace Moretz starring and Richard Curtis writing (right after Sofia Coppola dropped out from directing)? I wonder what it would have been like if that got made: it could have been Favreau's The Jungle Book vs. Serkis's Mowgli all over again.

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Finally GIFs | Tenor

The wait for a proper trailer was getting almost as annoying as the wait for the Fantastic 4 casting news

The trailer will be released on the same exact day the Aladdin trailer released in 2019.

So when west side story debuted its trailer in 2021 oscars did Spielberg present an Oscar category then trailer to commercial or did they present the trailer than tossed to it and it went to commercial after trailer debut? I wonder if halle and Melissa will present a category or trailer then trailer to commercial break? Also what time did west side story trailer debuted?

Edited by Seth Irskens

I'm not worried that a movie that's 90% CGI doesn't have a trailer slightly more than 2 months before release when the parent company has another studio -- Marvel -- that has been consistently cooked by critics and artists by overworking CGI artists to still have the CGI look like garbage.

Giving TLM more time to look its best will give a better impression (and probably delay a greater, industry-wide conversation about CGI Artist Unions they don't want to have).

• Like 1