La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

12 minutes ago, Jeff Goldblank said:

I'll bite:

As: Creed, Inside Out, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Bs: Anomalisa, The Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Carol, Cinderella, Crimson Peak, The End of the Tour, Furious 7, The Gift, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Good Dinosaur, The Hateful Eight, It Follows, Joy, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Monkey Kingdom, Paddington, The Peanuts Movie, Phoenix, The Seventh Fire, Sicario, Son of Saul, Spotlight, Steve Jobs, Tangerine, Trainwreck, The Walk, What We Do in the Shadows

Cs: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Beasts of No Nation, Black Mass, Bone Tomahawk, The D Train, Dope, Ex Machina, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Jurassic World, The Martian, Mistress America, Mr. Holmes, Pixels, The Revenant, San Andreas, Seymour: An Introduction, Shaun the Sheep Movie, Sisters, Slow West, Spectre, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, Straight Outta Compton, Spy, Tomorrowland, The Visit, While We're Young

Ds: Ant-Man, Chappie, Fantastic Four, Hitman: Agent 47, Home, Hotel Transylvania 2, In the Heart of the Sea, Jupiter Ascending, Little Boy The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Max Peril, Pan, Pawn Sacrifice, Southpaw, Ted 2, Vacation

Fs: The Danish Girl, Mortdecai, Minions, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

We have a lot in common, and many differences! Lol. We should watch some movies; drive up to Chicago!

Ugh I don't have time right now to go through all my 2015 movies :lol: I'll just simplify it.

The Best: Star Wars, Inside Out, Room, Bridge of Spies, Straight Outta Compton, Big Short

Worst: Hitman, Jupiter, Mortdecai, Fantastic Four

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ugh I don't have time right now to go through all my 2015 movies :lol: I'll just simplify it.

The Best: Star Wars, Inside Out, Room, Bridge of Spies, Straight Outta Compton, Big Short

Did you see "Spotlight"?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

People have definitely tired of JLaw's antics ("I want pizza!!" *relatably trips*) 

because you have seen her mention pizza this year - or last - and not from a gif from years ago repeated and repeated and repeated because media seems to get so much click attention on anything related to her that they ignore other news?  (And PS, how many other celebrities are doing the exact same thing without media caring?)

Blame media for their single actress fixation. 

And, I disagree on the 'public tiring' bit in any event  since she still does so well with the statistically predictive real life polls. 

No one can say how the movie would do without her.

It is the second best opening Fox ever had in China.  If you are going to pin any lower box office on her, surely it is only consistent to attribute the $400 + million it got world wide in 10 days to her as well?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAJK said:

1 hour ago, Jeff Goldblank said:

I'll bite:

As: Creed, Inside Out, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Bs: Anomalisa, The Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Carol, Cinderella, Crimson Peak, The End of the Tour, Furious 7, The Gift, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Good Dinosaur, The Hateful Eight, It Follows, Joy, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Monkey Kingdom, Paddington, The Peanuts Movie, Phoenix, The Seventh Fire, Sicario, Son of Saul, Spotlight, Steve Jobs, Tangerine, Trainwreck, The Walk, What We Do in the Shadows

Cs: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Beasts of No Nation, Black Mass, Bone Tomahawk, The D Train, Dope, Ex Machina, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Jurassic World, The Martian, Mistress America, Mr. Holmes, Pixels, The Revenant, San Andreas, Seymour: An Introduction, Shaun the Sheep Movie, Sisters, Slow West, Spectre, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, Straight Outta Compton, Spy, Tomorrowland, The Visit, While We're Young

Ds: Ant-Man, Chappie, Fantastic Four, Hitman: Agent 47, Home, Hotel Transylvania 2, In the Heart of the Sea, Jupiter Ascending, Little Boy The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Max Peril, Pan, Pawn Sacrifice, Southpaw, Ted 2, Vacation

Fs: The Danish Girl, Mortdecai, Minions, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

2 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Last Year IMHO:

As: Focus, Mad Max: Fury Road, Inside Out, Straight Outta Compton, Room, Steve Jobs, Pawn Sacrifice, Creed, **The Big Short**, Concussion, The Hateful Eight

Bs: Ex Machina, Dope, Cinderella, Kingsman, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Monkey Kingdom, Pitch Perfect 2, Son of Saul, Sicario, Jurassic World, Minions, Ted 2, Ant-Man, Mission: Impossible-RN, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Beasts of No Nation, Spotlight,  Black Mass, The Danish Girl, The Visit, Eye in the Sky, Our Brand is Crisis, The Martian, The Walk, Hotel Transylvania 2, Crimson Peak, Spectre, Hunger Games: Mockingjay 2, The Good Dinosaur, In the Heart of the Sea, Star Wars TFA, The Revenant

Cs: Shaun the Sheep Movie, Z for Zachariah, Jupiter Ascending, Sponge Bob, Mr. Holmes, Fifty Shades of Grey, McFarland USA, Chappie, Trainwreck, Furious 7, Far from Madding Crowd, The Age of Adaline, Tomorrowland, Spy, Macbeth, San Andreas, Terminator Genisys, Everest, Paper Towns, Pixels, Vacation, Ricki and the Flash, The Intern, Pan, Bridge of Spies, Goosebumps, Daddy's Home, Point Break, It Follows

Ds: Mortdecai, Brooklyn, Get Hard, Poltergeist, The Last Witch Hunter, Victor Frankenstein, Joy

Fs: Fantastic Four, Hitman: Agent 47, Anomalisa, Carol

HOW DARE YOU!

tumblr_n32pz0aHjF1rzoznmo3_r1_500.gif

It's a great film, I swear!

:sadben:

6 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

If you're a film buff this article ought to offer a glimmer of hope for the industry 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-new-problem-sequels-moviegoers-899765

Uh...how so?

The analysis is incredibly moronic.

Studios now think "it's a sequel, so people will fear it" ignores the fact that it is the studios that are allowing shitty movies to be made and thus are deserving of their fate. 

No one is turning up to Neighbours 2 because it's shit not because it has a 2 behind it. And, people can tell from the trailers that it's shit. 

Something like Popstar may be reviewed well, but look at it's marketing? Lonely Island are five years too late, and even then, have such shitty production values, why would you bother watching it? 

• Like 1

That's some piss poor numbers for Turtles. Probably won't be a third film at this rate.

Alice and X-Men dropping hard from their already underwhelming openings. Ouch.

Go Zootopia!

6 hours ago, La Binoche said:

People have definitely tired of JLaw's antics ("I want pizza!!" *relatably trips*) 

Not sure how you can quantify how people are getting tired of her antics.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

THis is a perfect example u set of a critic being negative biased before he even reviews a movie. How someone expects this guy to review a fantasy or sci-fi movie objectively?

Fantasy and sci-fi are movie genre and there good and bad movies in this area, not everything is bad.

There is 1 reason why i love China's rise,we will see more of thoise movies wether a certain amount of critics with agendas loves them or not.I loved Pacific RIm..but lets be honest there wouldnt be any Pacific Rim 2 if it wasnt for the rise of Chinese market.THey expect to make even more money than last time there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rentaro1989 said:

THis is a perfect example u set of a critic being negative biased before he even reviews a movie. How someone expects this guy to review a fantasy or sci-fi movie objectively?

Fantasy and sci-fi are movie genre and there good and bad movies in this area, not everything is bad.

There is 1 reason why i love China's rise,we will see more of thoise movies wether a certain amount of critics with agendas loves them or not.I loved Pacific RIm..but lets be honest there wouldnt be any Pacific Rim 2 if it wasnt for the rise of Chinese market.THey expect to make even more money than last time there

Is Pacific Rim 2 even happening? Last I heard it was cancelled. Same thing with The Expendables 4, they mentioned it was going ahead with China financiers, then there is no news for months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is Pacific Rim 2 even happening? Last I heard it was cancelled. Same thing with The Expendables 4, they mentioned it was going ahead with China financiers, then there is no news for months.

Pacific RIm 2 is happening 100%

Budgets for this years Summer films.

Couldn't find reliable sources for the rest.

Budgets:

Captain America Civil War        $250,000,000
Independence Day Resurgence        $200,000,000
The Legend of Tarzan            $180,000,000
X-Men Apocalypse            $178,000,000
Alice Through The Looking Glass        $170,000,000
Warcraft                 $160,000,000
Ghostbusters                $154,000,000
Star Trek Beyond            $150,000,000
TMNT2: Out of the Shadows        $135,000,000
Jason Bourne                $120,000,000
The BFG                    $120,000,000
The Secret Life of Pets            $75,000,000
The Angry Birds Movie            $73,000,000
Free State of Jones            $65,000,000
Central Intelligence            $60,000,000
Money Monster                $27,000,000
Me Before You                $20,000,000
The Purge Election Year            $10,000,000
Lights Out                $5,000,000

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Budgets for this years Summer films.

Couldn't find reliable sources for the rest.

Budgets:

Captain America Civil War        $250,000,000

Really? the movie looked like it was made with no more than 150m.  Looks like the cast mas expensive indeed.

Edited by Belakor

29 minutes ago, Rentaro1989 said:

Uh, wut? Why do you get the sense that the author of the Variety piece has an unfair bias against your favorite movie?

And I don't know why you like China for its audiences who buy tickets to movies with bad TomatoMeters. You realize that the general audience everywhere doesn't follow critics religiously, right?

• Like 2