FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

This is kinda silly since I was sitting there opening day for TOY STORY. Saying TS3's legs weren't amazing now qualifies me as a hater?

Well, at the least, Toy Story 3's legs count as "very good". Most movies don't have a 3.77x multiplier, especially from a $100m+ 3day opening weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Actually I remember people being disappointed TS3 didn't break the animated record and beat Shrek 3 or reach 500m

Which is pathetic. It grossed $1 billion which at the time was almost unheard of, and for animated films, it WAS unheard of.

• Like 1

Its legs were clearly not amazing. All I could think back then was why the movie wasn't reaching 500m and why an animated movie that had everything going for it dropped 46% in the second and 49% in the third weekend with pretty much 0 direct competition. 

Edited by Goffe

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Im pretty sure Disney/ESPN isn't too concerned about it! Lololol

yeah im pretty sure they are declining revenues are kinda of big deal for the biggest asset a compnay has its why all those people are leaving and its still happening disney stock has taken a pounding this past year because of it 

Disney makes a large chunk of its profits—almost 50%—from the sports network, and investors are concerned that its growth and profitability are being hampered by a loss of subscribers due to “cord cutting.”

Edited by boomboom234

Pets will pass Dory. The brainwashing will wear off by next weekend and Dory Will drop 70%. 

I don't get the fascination with Pixar.

• Like 1

Dory will annihilate IDR, Tarzan and Disney's own BFG (like I have been saying for a long time now, Disney doesn't give a single fuck about The BFG). 

• Like 1