CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

Just now, TombRaider said:

220m when the second weekend will be just 20m? sure.

second weekend will be 25 or 26M

and it's performing almost exactly like Moana / Coco [$ 28M and $ 27M on their second weekends], which made $ 240M and $ 210M

Ralph will have $ 119M today, Moana at the same point have $ 120M and Coco have $ 110M

It will cross $ 200M easily, that's a fact

Coco added 100 more after 27.5 2nd weekend.

Moana added 129 more 28.3 2nd weekend.

WIR2's weekend is a little smaller at 25.8.

Coco's legs will give it 212 while Moana's give it 237.

It could be front-loaded than both but 200 (81 more) is locked imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

Coco added 100 more after 27.5 2nd weekend.

Moana added 129 more 28.3 2nd weekend.

WIR2's weekend is a little smaller at 25.8.

Coco's legs will give it 212 while Moana's give it 237.

It could be front-loaded than both but 200 (81 more) is locked imo.

Coco dropped a harsh 46% in its 4th and 5th weekend despite having amazing WOM. I think it's more likely Ralph 2 improves on Coco's late legs than the opposite.  

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Coco dropped a harsh 46% in its 4th and 5th weekend despite having amazing WOM. I think it's more likely Ralph 2 improves on Coco's late legs than the opposite.  

Coco's lates legs were bad. After it's 1st 2 weekends compared to Moana I don't know how the hell they ended with a 39m gap.

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Coco's lates legs were bad. After it's 1st 2 weekends compared to Moana I don't know how the hell they ended with a 39m gap.

Competition. Its fourth weekend had The Last Jedi making 220M, and to a lesser extent Ferdinand as a direct competitor. Then the following weekend had Jumanji and lost a third of its theaters.

By comparison, Moana's fourth weekend only had Rogue One making 155M. The following weekend only had Sing and lost only a quarter of its theaters.

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Competition. Its fourth weekend had The Last Jedi making 220M, and to a lesser extent Ferdinand as a direct competitor. Then the following weekend had Jumanji and lost a third of its theaters.

By comparison, Moana's fourth weekend only had Rogue One making 155M. The following weekend only had Sing and lost only a quarter of its theaters.

Sing was a much bigger direct comp for Moana than Ferdi was for Coco. Sing's 7 day of 93 was well above Ferdi's entire dom of under-85. Sing ammased 181 by New Year's Monday. But I guess you loose theaters never the less. Hoping WIR2 holds better than Coco.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a2k said:

Sing was a much bigger direct comp for Moana than Ferdi was for Coco. Sing's 7 day of 93 was well above Ferdi's entire dom of under-85. Sing ammased 181 by New Year's Monday. But I guess you loose theaters never the less. Hoping WIR2 holds better than Coco.

I think it will hold better than Coco, just see the jumps on second weekend:

Moana [+238% on friday / +98% on saturday]

Coco [+208% on friday / +88% on saturday]

Ralph [+248% on friday / +108% on saturday]

Sunday Ralph drops exactly like Moana even with the higher jumps on friday / saturday.

Based on that, i don't think Ralph is dropping hard on the next weeks like Coco. $ 200M is locked and i think it can finish with $ 230M.

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

That was much more direct competition than anything Coco had though. Sing really ate into Moana's legs in multiple territories, including Japan if I remember correctly.

How this holds over the holidays will depend on how many screens/showtimes it can hang on to. A total of 10 movies are opening wide between the 14th and Christmas Day (plus expanding indies like The Favourite and Mary Queen of Scots). That’s gonna boot a whole bunch of movies out, and really cut into the number of showtimes of the ones they keep.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 5:14 AM, Barnack said:

Why are you saying that, has yet to open in most markets but it is doing really well in those it did (strong OW and dropped only 36% in the non China markets this weekend)

I meant DOM. its being dragged by the grinch, which had less than half its budget