CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

This was so good. Also, I loved how it wasn't as preachy as most Disney's movies. 

It was cute, fun and really emotional. I loved Shank, Yes, the princesses and the song. A shame it'll be overlooked by Poppins & Gaga.

My one nitpick is "Buzztube", I would've loved if they could've just used YouTube (considering they called every company by their name, even Google itself)

The first one is still slightly better, but that movie was perfect.

All I can say is that Yesss was perfectly voiced by Taraji P. Henson. She brought a looot of energy to the movie!!

In terms of plot and story, WIR was a lot better as I feel that felt more solid and not scattered. 

RBTI though had better emotional drive and actually made me shed a tear at the end.

Also, I wonder why Disney has stopped early screenings of their films in very limited theatre counts? I remember they had it during the 90s and would have the top PTA for those films. They brought it back with Frozen and thought they’d continue it. Now all releases after it never got one.

2 hours ago, expensiveho said:

My one nitpick is "Buzztube", I would've loved if they could've just used YouTube (considering they called every company by their name, even Google itself)

It's just like how the three games that were the main settings of the first movie were originals, while all the minor ones were real-world games.

21 hours ago, Murgatroyd said:

It's just like how the three games that were the main settings of the first movie were originals, while all the minor ones were real-world games.

Yeah, I know I'm wrong but it was annoying for me. 

-

Disney must be so happy with this. Their first animated sequel that's a theatrical hit, that makes the IP bigger while also promoting their others IPs.

And also, selling a lot of toys.

https://www.shopdisney.com/vanellope-with-princesses-from-ralph-breaks-the-internet-doll-set-1490754?LSID=8088884|11502922|35871X1550380Xec9054b123f568f9c2bfb922bd717469&CMP=AFL-AffLSGen&att=LSGenAffl&EFC=224510

This $100 doll-set is sold out. And that's even without Anna and Elsa that are a beast by their own. 

I'm under the impression that Moana and Zootopia didn't do THAT well on merchandise, so this might be WDAS biggest hit this decade behind Frozen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, expensiveho said:

Yeah, I know I'm wrong but it was annoying for me. 

-

Disney must be so happy with this. Their first animated sequel that's a theatrical hit, that makes the IP bigger while also promoting their others IPs.

And also, selling a lot of toys.

https://www.shopdisney.com/vanellope-with-princesses-from-ralph-breaks-the-internet-doll-set-1490754?LSID=8088884|11502922|35871X1550380Xec9054b123f568f9c2bfb922bd717469&CMP=AFL-AffLSGen&att=LSGenAffl&EFC=224510

This $100 doll-set is sold out. And that's even without Anna and Elsa that are a beast by their own. 

I'm under the impression that Moana and Zootopia didn't do THAT well on merchandise, so this might be WDAS biggest hit this decade behind Frozen.

I should have got that set and sold the individual dolls for 15$ a pop....besides Rapunzel. And Mulan.

• Like 1

Considering no posts in a week and an expected drop to $26 million, this movie has ZERO chance (in my opinion) of hitting $200 million domestic. Even with a holiday spike, it will barely make over $180 million domestic. Surprising with the hype and being THE Disney animated for the holiday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Considering no posts in a week and an expected drop to $26 million, this movie has ZERO chance (in my opinion) of hitting $200 million domestic. Even with a holiday spike, it will barely make over $180 million domestic. Surprising with the hype and being THE Disney animated for the holiday.

I think it's too early to declare $200 million dead. Ralph 2 is about $1 million behind Moana and $8.5 million ahead of Coco at the same point in their runs (using post 2nd weekend estimates for Ralph 2). Coco added almost $100 million from that point onward and Moana another $129 million. Moana legs are most likely unrealistic, but Coco didn't have particularly good late legs because of the combination of TLJ/Jumanji/TGS/Ferdinand. If Ralph 2 can just slightly improve upon Coco's drops in the upcoming weeks (particularly Weekend #4 and 5), it should add at least another $100 million after this weekend for a total around $220 million. 

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Moana made $ 28M and Coco made $ 27M on their second weeks. Ralph have a slight worse drop but nothing more, it will still cross $ 200M easily, just need $ 82M (Moana made $ 129M and Coco who had terrible late legs made $ 89M after their similar second weeks).

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Moana made $ 28M and Coco made $ 27M on their second weeks. Ralph have a slight worse drop but nothing more, it will still cross $ 200M easily, just need $ 82M (Moana made $ 129M and Coco who had terrible late legs made $ 89M after their similar second weeks).

Coco was at $110 million after its second weekend, so it actually grossed over $99 million more in the rest of its run (finishing just short of $210 million).

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

Coco was at $110 million after its second weekend, so it actually grossed over $99 million more in the rest of its run (finishing just short of $210 million).

Yeah, my bad. But still, even if Ralph manages to have much worse drops than Moana / Coco from today and make just more $ 82M [which is highly unlikely for me], it will still pass $ 200M.

Actually almost all the movies this weekend seems to have worse drops than expect, i don't know why.