baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Paramount's gonna get sold off by the end of the decade, mark my words. They were stupid enough to give away the Marvel rights and lost their Dreamworks distribution deal not long after. The amount of money they've lost this year is hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tbh a Viacom buyout by Comcast wouldn't surprise me. All they have is Paramount and the Nickelodeon, MTV, and BET family of networks.

That could help out Viacom though if they were with Comcast. 

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Paramount's gonna get sold off by the end of the decade, mark my words. They were stupid enough to give away the Marvel rights and lost their Dreamworks distribution deal not long after. The amount of money they've lost this year is hilarious.

I agree^

30 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Paramount Pictures has been downsizing for years now, I am not even sure the big six exists anymore, it s like the big 4 and the last two that are kinda surviving.

More like 

Disney

v

Warner Bros - Universal - Fox

v

v

v

v

v

Sony - Paramount

v

v

Everything else

v

v

v

v

v

v

Lionsgate 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I don't want to poison any well but I just checked and Warner & Marvel studios panels are on the same day at Comic-Con, tomorrow.

So... like literally every single year at SDCC then? I'd think you don't even follow SDCC and just want to start something here :ph34r: 

• Like 3

I do wonder if Viacom/Paramount fought for the Marvel deal. Like, did Disney just come out of nowhere and say "hey we'll buy you for this much"? I assume since, at the time, they were distributing all the films they must have caught wind Marvel was interested in such a thing.

I'm just happy that Beyond did well so we can get another Star Trek.

Also, I was right about Lights Out. Another hit for WB. They had a fantastic Summer, and if the rest of the year performs as I think it will they will hit 2B DOM this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sony and Paramount :rofl:

The future doesn't look good for either of them.

Sony is poor man's Paramount, who's a poor man's Fox, who's a poor man's Warner Bros, who's a poor man's Universal, who's a poor man's Disney.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I don't want to poison any well but I just checked and Warner & Marvel studios panels are on the same day at Comic-Con, tomorrow.

What a stunnig twist. It never happened before. Never.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Sony is poor man's Paramount, who's a poor man's Fox, who's a poor man's Warner Bros, who's a poor man's Universal, who's a poor man's Disney.

Lol, did you just say that Uni is bigger than WB?:rofl: The only year they were ahead of WB was last year and that was because they had all their big franchises crammed there. 2016 looks to be ending up with half of what they did last year (and a bit more than half of WB will do this year).

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What a stunnig twist. It never happened before. Never.

Guys, I really never bother to check the shedule for these things, enough !

:angry::lol:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Lol, did you just say that Uni is bigger than WB?:rofl: The only year they were ahead of WB was last year and that was because they had all their big franchises crammed there. 2016 looks to be ending up with half of what they did last year (and a bit more than half of WB will do this year).

Does WB even have a billion dollar franchise, bro?

Cause Universal has at least 3.

• Like 2