CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It decreased on Friday in South korea, one of its bigger international openings compared to other SH films. I'm thinking its going to perform like a sequel as well, imo. 

Dropping in HK as well which is unusual for SH movies.

• Like 3

I've literally checked RT once or twice the past few days and every time it goes like this: 37%, 34%, 33%, 29%, 27%. This is a fun game of limbo.

Good preview number, looks like we have our first 200-miller of the year...8 months later.

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

I think it'll perform like a sequel so I wouldn't be surprised with $125m.

We'll see how Friday goes. 

Still a great opening. I bet one of those untitled DC release dates will be announced as Suicide Squad 2 by next weekend. 

I'm thinking they'll push Aquaman to either October 2018 or April 2019 and put SS2 for July 27th 2018 or keep Aquaman in its summer slot and have SS2 in October 2018. 

Fuck Warner.

Ayer had obviously  a masterpiece in his hands and they butchered his Magum Opus with stupid re-shoots, bad editing and less Joker.

Studio suits are Evil.

:angry:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

But it's so absurdly early the comps are just ridiculous. Literally all this is saying is the very first Friday morning showtimes on the east coast sold comparably to BVS. That's pretty thin.

lethalweapon2%2B%25282%2529b-768002.png

Anorexic

Just remember that when Martin Riggs came into Roger Murtaughs bedroom and gave him the theory which caused Roger Murtaugh to say that it was very thin it ended up being one hundred percent true LOL

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I've literally checked RT once or twice the past few days and every time it goes like this: 37%, 34%, 33%, 29%, 27%. This is a fun game of limbo.

Good preview number, looks like we have our first 200-miller of the year...8 months later.

Not if Suicide Squad gets 150M or 160M domestic OW

Edited by superweirdo87
clarity

How famous Harley Quinn is in the grand scheme of things ?

She is the most famous female DC character not called Wonder WOman ?

It s difficult to gauge to me.

I know the video games increased her popularity.

The thing is, SS having that kind of opening even after BvS dissappointed many people shows how much goodwill there is for DCEU movies. But if they continue to make dissappointing/underwhelming films, the box office will suffer eventually. But for now, they're still in great shape.

• Like 1

I think you guys look at the month's competition a little too literally. Look at Dragon 2: it had one of the more free runs an animated movie can get in today's age, it still didn't matter. SS doesn't have an "easy" of a path as some of you think, no matter the month's schedule. None of these movies do.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

It's pretty amazing to me that Suicide Squad was not affected by Batman vs Superman. You think that because people hated it so much it would keep them away from this one. Apparently that is not the case.

• Like 1