CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

8 minutes ago, TLK said:

If this only makes $700 million WW with bad buzz would they even risk a sequel that can potentially drop 30-40% ?

$700M WW?? It's dropping in a lot of countries as I've already pointed out earlier. And if what RTH said is true....good lord. 

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

What's the biggest Sat drop of a movie that opens on Friday?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/saturdaydrops.htm

The problem is you have to go through each one and determine how much is "True Friday" minus previews and if Friday or Saturday was a particular holiday.  For instance movies always drop huge on Christmas

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Well, not if the huge drops start during its first weekend.

But hey, who knows, these are new frontiers. 

That's not really how it works; films that have abnormally large drops on their second day tend to keep collapsing and drop off big weekend to weekend as well. See the Twilight films, Harry Potter 7.2, Friday The 13th, The Purge, Fifty Shades (post-Valentine's Day), Fault in Our Stars, etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Without spoiling anything in the movie, the most amazing part is that the marketing has been selling a movie that doesn't even exist! Movies have misleading advertising all the time but this is taking it to the next level. If I didn't know it was a troubled production from reports, I would've definitely guessed it from everything else.

The trailers don't even mention or show enchantress, and now suddenly she's being featured in the commercials. Lol!