CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is it a bit much if we speculate that Justice League 2 is never going to be made?

That? No.

But JL isn't making 150 or something. It'll do at least like 230-240m. Which wouldn't be good, but it's getting a bit hyperbolic based off an early Sat estimate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Will Smith effect seems to be officially over & Margot Robbie isn't a draw (yet)... I know that's harsh but that's where we are at.

Will Smith and his strong charisma is literally the only redeeming factor of Suicide Squad 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Well, when the majority of his part in the movie was cut out, not really his fault. Oh no, an "used condom" that really turned out to be nothing more than a condom taken out of the wrapper. The horror. 

Don't forget anal beads. Nobody's denying that they'd been used.

(Personally I think most of that stuff was made up by WB's marketing department as a publicity stunt. Too much chance of alienating important talent, or more likely hostile workplace lawsuits from the PA's who would have actually opened any packages.)

Under 2x was UNTHINKABLE for so long and now it's got a legit shot of happening twice this year, this is too much

Justice League gonna open to 150 and fail to hit 250?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

God damn, so even twilight had a better drop. I wonder if this will rank in the top 5 worst FRI to SAT drops. I mean really we're looking at around a 50% drop here.

It also made much bigger previews at $30.4m so it's Tru Fri to Sat was a bit better than flat

The DCEU is starting to become the movie franchise equivalent of Smash. That misbegotten NBC series started out promisingly and became the poster child for hatewatching (the season was already in the can so they couldn't fix the problems that the show was heavily criticized for), then when the show came back in a "rebooted" second season that did away with the annoying characters and ignored the first season's cliffhangers, it came back an even worse show than before and the quick downfall came fast because it was obviously un-savable.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel kinda bad for Henry Cavill. That direct second standalone Superman movie is obviously never happening at this point.

At this point after they do all the originals they might just stop all together. Every sequel will tank if they keep up with this level of quality. 

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/saturdaydrops.htm

Fault and HP8 both dropped over 50% on Saturday.

Was already coming back to report on HP7 PII's drop.  That thing really was the gold standard for huge OW and huge drops.  Been talked about for years  about its frontloading, that's how historic it was.  Really should have checked it out first.

That SS might enter the same conversation.... :mouthdropped:

Edited by Porthos

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel kinda bad for Henry Cavill. That direct second standalone Superman movie is obviously never happening at this point.

Didn't even think of that in this context, but wow, would that ever be a silver lining!

(Superman Reboot!!!!)

Edited by trifle

Just now, Chewy said:

Imma pray to the movie gods, just let us have Wonder Woman. Flash can get an under 1.5x multi or whatever but don't do Wondy like this

But Flash might give us the Royal Jainess we desperately needed.

Don't do Jai like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It also made much bigger previews at $30.4m so it's Tru Fri to Sat was a bit better than flat

True, but basically all I'm unfortunately seeing at this point is that this movie is totally going to be front-loaded. Legs will be scary.

• Like 1