CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Suicide Squad could drop 75% today and crawl past $100M at this point and mredman would still say everyone is a hater/troll.

And people are forgetting OLYMPICS. It officially started today. Friday was opening of it. We know you like to hate on BvS and SS and MoS. I know you are looking forward to WW though. But people have to look at OLYMPICS here

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

of course the trolls are saying its a bad drop. But it was 20 previews, 45 friday, 35 saturday and these trolls are forgetting there is Olympics as well. This forum is on verge of becoming imdb infested by trolls

It's not really trolling. People cheer for things they like and want them to succeed, and boo when they don't like them and want them to fail.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but from the BO Tracking thread on Wed:

On 8/3/2016 at 11:55 PM, Porthos said:

Using the percentage of preview number to date from earlier and moving it up a tick:

85% of CA:CW OD = 64.18m OD

BvS Sat Drop (-37.9%) = 39.85 Sat 

BvS Sun Drop (-33.3%) = 26.58 Sun

= 130.61 OW

If it has worse drops than BvS, then it could very well do under 130m OW, even with a near 65m OD.

Slightly higher OD, but larger Sat drop.  Possibly. 

I thought for a while that might open to a fixed percentage of CA but then have a BvS internal multiplier as WoM got around.  If it has worse legs than BvS that isn't necessarily worse WoM, but a sign of frontloading as the DCEU fans rushing out to see it ASAP, much like has been happening to Marvel films recently.

In other words, frontloading + mixed-to-bad WoM = historic Fri-Sat drop.  Again, presuming Rth is on the money when it comes to the range.

• Like 1

Just now, mredman said:

And people are forgetting OLYMPICS. It officially started today. Friday was opening of it. We know you like to hate on BvS and SS and MoS. I know you are looking forward to WW though. But people have to look at OLYMPICS here

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I remember when people here used to say MOS had terrible legs and awful reception.

That changed this year after Civil War only managing a 2.2x.

Same will happen to BVS.

Civil War didnt had a good reception either with the GA.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I still can't get over this picture, he's melting in front of us

WB wants to kill Ben Affleck.

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

635363969889368918_tumblrlxys6iuTeJ1qlpw

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

If my memory serves correct didn't the TDK and TDKR open around the Olympics, not to mention this year Olympics had the lowest opening day rating since 1992.

• Like 3

Just glanced at the last few pages, but let me see if I got this right in regards to SS?

1. Major drop incoming after free movie-ticket Friday.

2. Movie will still make more than 125 million opening weekend? When originally thought 98 was too much? Now considered a failure?

3. WB both fudged its income and decreased its true budget? How does this studio remain in business?

4. Movie still on target for over 200 million? Outside of Disney, this will be the first time any studio has a second 200+ million movie for this year? Two major studios have yet to cross this point, and likely will not, nor will any other studio again this year other than Disney and WB?

5. No matter what the situation, Suicide Squad will absolutely obliterate Star Trek Beyond (the top Paramount movie) which had a larger budget and seemingly far more CGI-based (without questions of fudged budget) and already has plans for a sequel.

Guys, keep in mind what picture you are painting here. Warner will become the second ranked studio based on its supposed failed DCEU franchise this year. What does this mean for Hollywood overall? Disney monopoly and more cartoons and talking animals if its best competitor seemingly can't make money off of its best grossers? Congrats!

Btw, everybody check out Train to Busan. This is actually a movie worth watching and much better than most of the American movies, other than Sing Street imo.

Edited by UrosepsisFace
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Bad superhero movies I still need to see:

Superman 4

Green Lantern

Ghost Rider 2

F4ntastic

Superman 4 is hilarious, just seeing all those terrible special effects alone is worth a laugh.

Green Lantern is a mess.

Ghost Rider 2 has fun Nic Cage moments, but a lot of it is fairly boring.

F4nstic is a trainwreck that I wouldn't even curse upon my greatest enemies to watch.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis