CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

18 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

War Dogs looks good as hell, definitely seeing that one

Theres something about movies where ordinary people go out into rhw world and do bad shit in order to achieve wealth and happiness that I really love (like the criminally underrated Lord of War).   Whoever cut that last trailer deserves an award.

Edited by Ozymandias

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looking at the WW chart for the weekend, Ghostbusters and Trek are performing awful OS. Ghostbusters will end below 220M OS in best case scenario, and Trek might end below (and I can't even believe I am typing this) Legend of Tarzan WW gross. Trek has China to come but all other markets have not been kind to it at all. Ghostbusters has also failed to connect with audiences in most markets.

I feel like Paramount is Chuck Pagano and dialed up this release for STB

epicfail.0.gif

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I fucking love Lex's exit in this scene, the music makes it so awesome:

Hide contents

Lex brings life into the movie. The people who don't like this Lex are probably dead inside. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Saturday numbers being closer to what Rth reported than the $39M WB is estimating...

No. Rth reported at 1am.  The late numbers were strong out west. This has been covered already.

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Theres something about movies where ordinary people go out into rhw world and do bad shit in order to achieve wealth and happiness that I really love (like the criminally underrated Lord of War).   Whoever cut that last trailer deserves an award.

I just think it looks super funny and hateful, kinda refreshing after all these kids blockbusters. 

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Can't wait until Jesse says he only did these movies because he had bills that needed to be paid.

Why should he say that? He's an actor, doing bad movies to pay the bills is part of the deal.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

I just think it looks super funny and hateful, kinda refreshing after all these kids blockbusters. 

Think it could be some kind of mix of Pain and Gain and the Big Short.

I don't think I'll see it but I think Todd Phillips is capable of pulling off an entertaining flick along the lines of Pain and Gain.

Just now, filmlover said:

Can't wait until Jesse says he only did these movies because he had bills that needed to be paid.

Like we need him to say that lol. He hates these movies. It is obvious he did it because it assures a steady income of money since he is now Lex Luthor in this universe.

Either way I liked him as Lex Luthor lol.

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I may be wrong but the scene where we see Bruce Wayne's dad dying doesn't happen right before that? How could that be his father lol?

You'd think people would understand that, but even the critics were confused. This was mentioned as part of the poor editing, killing the elder Wayne in the scene prior and then having him alive in the next scene, played by a different actor. I thought I was reading parody reviews, but apparently this is part of the reasons for calling BvS a mess. Studio didn't get its editing shit together to have enough consistency to have the same actor play Thomas Wayne in consecutive scenes...

If you read the Suicide Squad reviews, they make similar mentions of how characters go from being dead to alive in later scenes. I have no idea what they're talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Like we need him to say that lol. He hates these movies. It is obvious he did it because it assures a steady income of money since he is now Lex Luthor in this universe.

Either way I liked him as Lex Luthor lol.

He probably only did this and Now You See Me 2 just for the paychecks. Although let's be honest, everyone in Now You See Me 2 looked they were only there for the paycheck except Lizzy Caplan who seemed to be genuinely enjoying herself.

• Like 1

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

You'd think people would understand that, but even the critics were confused. This was mentioned as part of the poor editing, killing the elder Wayne in the scene prior and then having him alive in the next scene, played by a different actor. I thought I was reading parody reviews, but apparently this is part of the reasons for calling BvS a mess. Studio didn't get its editing shit together to have enough consistency to have the same actor play Thomas Wayne in consecutive scenes...

If you read the Suicide Squad reviews, they make similar mentions of how characters go from being dead to alive in later scenes. I have no idea what they're talking about.

I mean, I didn't think he was actually his dad, I just thought it was weird he was saying DAD. Or maybe it was a foster dad. Or maybe the sound was way too loud to understand anything intelligible.

Or maybe I'm an idiot :sadben:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I mean, I didn't think he was actually his dad, I just thought it was weird he was saying DAD. Or maybe it was a foster dad. Or maybe the sound was way too loud to understand anything intelligible.

Or maybe I'm an idiot :sadben:

Well, don't beat yourself up too hard, you're at least closer than some critics!

49 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I'm not going to nitpick the whole movie but I'm kind of screaming at all those people staying in the building until Bruce calls Jack to tell them to leave.

No kidding! :rofl: I was mentally screaming in the IMAX theater. 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lex brings life into the movie. The people who don't like this Lex are probably dead inside. 

Or maybe we just found him to be annoying, dumb, and horrible. Just because we don't like Razzie-level worthy acting doesn't mean we're dead inside.

• Like 3