CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Maybe. Air Bud though was successful enough to spawn a franchise. And Dr. Lolittle was a blockbuster hit. 

Air Bud was only a minor hit. It was actually more successful on video, hence why most of it's sequels were straight to video.

If Nine Lives opened in say in 1996, it probably would have opened at #5 or maybe even #9 (ha-ha), depending on who was starring in it of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

okay time for me to watch the movie Netflix sent me.
 Which Blu-ray did I get this week?

I hope it's a good movie.

Fucking John Carter.

The old school Pokemon GO egg. Fucking Zubat.

Edited by GiantCALBears

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm watching that too! I watched Suicide Squad earlier and now I'm watching another shitty DC film. Although SS is the shittier of the two. I just keep coming back to them though...I can't help but watch any comic book film.

SS was worse than GL? How is that even possible? 

My brother and I are going to see SS on Sunday. We also went to see GL on OW, which was my mistake. Now it's his turn because he has some sort of morbid curiosity about how bad SS will be. I kept saying we could skip this one and go out for sushi instead, but he was like, "No. Bad movie first, sushi later."

Hal Jordan is getting the shit kicked out of him by some drunks mad because he cost them their jobs. Served him right again.

• Like 1

Just now, Talkie said:

SS was worse than GL? How is that even possible? 

My brother and I are going to see SS on Sunday. We also went to see GL on OW, which was my mistake. Now it's his turn because he has some sort of morbid curiosity about how bad SS will be. I kept saying we could skip this one and go out for sushi instead, but he was like, "No. Bad movie first, sushi later."

Hal Jordan is getting the shit kicked out of him by some drunks mad because he cost them their jobs. Served him right again.

Not many agree with that statement, but thats how I felt. Suicide Squad was just loud the whole damn time with all the music, no plot really. Poorly written characters. The villain was mediocre. The CGI wasn't too good either in my opinion. I don't know. I just felt like the GL at least had somewhat of a story and wasn't as badly edited as Suicide Squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So alright with that, it's under Deadpool, CA: Civil War & X:Men:Apocalypse. It's obviously above BVS though. 

It's below Man Of Steel and above Green Lantern.

It scored the same as Warcraft.

Ghostbusters and X-Men First Class also got B+

28 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I like these types of movies. Not sure why I thought it was WWI. I'm gonna have to read up on it. Interesting subject matter for a Nolan project. Good to see him tackle a period piece. Historians and period buffs gonna be on his ass though. They can be worse than comic book fans.

The helmets in the trailer seem more reminiscent of WWI. I saw an explanation that the British had not updated their helmets until after, so perhaps that's why.

Glad to see you around lately E :)

• Like 1