Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

On 12/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, Porthos said:

Disney likes money.  Despite Disney Plus existing, Star Wars is still appearing on TNT, with TLJ scheduled to arrive there any day now.

I think they'll release it on Blu Ray.  4k might be pushing it since I'm not sure of how many TV shows are released in that format. Though since the show was shot for 4k it's certainly a possibility.

Either way, I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't get some sort of physical release.  Mostly due to point number 1. 

You are right about not many TV SHOWS are out on 4K bluray disk...

so far we;ve got :

Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season,
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season,
Sherlock: Season One,
Castle Rock: The Complete First Season,
Stranger Things: Season 1
Stranger Things: Season 2
Westworld: Season 1,
Westworld: Season 2,

Peanuts Holiday Specials,
Doctor Who: Twice Upon a Time Season 1

so yeah, it's not looking very good :(
Marek

United States series charts including audience OTT demand (08 – 14 December, 2019)

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/united-states-series-charts-including-audience-ott-demand-08-14-december-2019/

Last week, Disney+’s The Mandalorian was the most demanded show in the United States. However, the power of the Force was no match for the power of music and Nickelodeon’s Spongebob Squarepants takes the top spot this week. Demand for the long-running cartoon was boosted when the character was featured across 4 Nickelodeon channels in a TV broadcast of The Spongebob Musical: Live On Stage.

Overall-1.jpg

• Like 1

My sister and her family are here for Christmas. I’ve got my brother in law watching this. My sister is in the room but wrapping presents for my nephew. She’s not really watching but then I hear her say, “so that’s where Baby Yoda comes from”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Demand data: The global television measurement currency for U.S. TV (15 – 21 December, 2019)

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/demand-data-the-global-television-measurement-currency-for-u-s-tv-15-21-december-2019/

Once again, America’s most demanded series is Disney+’s The Mandalorian. After a week ranked second, the sci-fi drama is back on top as it heads into its season finale. The Star Wars series now has just one episode left to air on December 27th. However, fans will not have to wait too long for more Star Wars: a Disney+ exclusive season of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars arrives on the service in February 2020.

In the digital original charts, The Mandalorian, Netflix’s Stranger Things and DC Universe’s Titans remain as the US top 3 in that order. Between them, these 3 titles have held the top spots for the past 5 weeks.

However, a sign of future disruption arrives in the form of Netflix’s The Witcher in 9th. Industry commentators are calling The Witcher Netflix’s attempt at the Game Of Thrones crown. The fantasy drama premiered on December 20th, meaning it only had one day of post-release data this week. However, demand for the show still increased by 57.4% week-on-week. Next week, when the show will have been available to watch for all seven days, The Witcher will almost certainly place higher.

Overall-2.jpg

Digital-Originals-2.jpg

15 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

Demand data: The global television measurement currency for U.S. TV (15 – 21 December, 2019)

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/demand-data-the-global-television-measurement-currency-for-u-s-tv-15-21-december-2019/

Once again, America’s most demanded series is Disney+’s The Mandalorian. After a week ranked second, the sci-fi drama is back on top as it heads into its season finale. The Star Wars series now has just one episode left to air on December 27th. However, fans will not have to wait too long for more Star Wars: a Disney+ exclusive season of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars arrives on the service in February 2020.

In the digital original charts, The Mandalorian, Netflix’s Stranger Things and DC Universe’s Titans remain as the US top 3 in that order. Between them, these 3 titles have held the top spots for the past 5 weeks.

However, a sign of future disruption arrives in the form of Netflix’s The Witcher in 9th. Industry commentators are calling The Witcher Netflix’s attempt at the Game Of Thrones crown. The fantasy drama premiered on December 20th, meaning it only had one day of post-release data this week. However, demand for the show still increased by 57.4% week-on-week. Next week, when the show will have been available to watch for all seven days, The Witcher will almost certainly place higher.

Overall-2.jpg

Digital-Originals-2.jpg

We also need to keep in mind, Mandoloarian has an episode airing weekly and Stranger Things has been out several months. While the numbers are good, I'm not sure they are impressive. Sadly, it is hard to really judge how well a streaming series is doing. Though, I think the true test is how well Disney+ is doing as a whole with 10M subscribers.

That was some fucking HYPE shit, Taika nailed the ending. Can’t wait for next season but also left us in a great place. Also find it very interesting that they are keeping it a lone gunman style show, where Mando doesn’t have a permanent crew which I dig. Also is that a motherfucking Clan Vizsla insignia?

• Like 3

This was some mighty fine SW.

And I was planning on commenting on quite a bit.

But....

HOLY.  FUCKING.  SHIT.  :ohmyzod:

THE DARKSABER LOOKS SOOOOOOO GOOD IN LIVE-ACTION!!! :ohmygod:

====

edit:

Kinda feel bad that the ending is gonna so wrap the discourse among some fans (those of us who religiously watched TCW and Rebels) as there is quite a lot of meat in this episode, from beginning to end.

Think I'll let it all digest before commenting further.  Perhaps a re-watch as well.

Mostly I'm just in shock, really. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 7

Okay, it is waaaaaaay too late at night to give a crash course on the importance of the Darksaber.

tl;dw TCW or Rebels:  It's basically Excalibur, but for Madalorians.

That really is the Too Long; Didn't Watch version.

If folks just want, "the lore", check out here: Darksaber (Wookiepedia)

If folks actually want to watch the The Clone Wars/Rebels episodes, where it's important, it's in the following episodes (not counting the ones where it appears in flashbacks):

and

All episodes on Disney Plus. ;)

(also, dare say the series finale of TCW will have some more Darksaber goodness)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The stormtroopers being terrible fucking shots was cracking me up, but them hitting Baby Yoda was like, wow. Plz die (thnx IG).

Didn't think we'd see his face but that was something that was cool and he got to keep his vow. Poor IG though, and it was nice to see Mando not wanting him to sacrifice himself with how much he hates droids. 

I was wondering what the thing at the end was so coming here has explained it lol. I figured that dude hadn't died since there was no explosion, they really should've checked that. 🤔

Good season finale though, looking forward to the next one for sure.

• Like 3

'Mandalore the Great' is also a new one, isn't it?

We've had Mandalore the First, the Indomitable, the Ultimate, the Preserver, and quite a few others, but none of them were called the Great.

Really good episode to finish the season. I don't think that it is quite a match for the best episodes of the season, but definately a very good one.

• Like 1

Man, those Scout Troopers couldn't hit. haha. And, damn, IG-11 went out like a boss. Also, the violence was pretty hard core even for Star Wars. This episode was better than the series finale of the Skywalker saga. And, the Darksaber. Sweet!

So, I also guess at some point, we will find the planet with Yoda's species. Supposedly, they are very rare it seems since no one recognizes it. All we've ever seen are Yoda and Yaddle. I wonder if the species is like one kid born every 10 years or something or maybe even every 100 years.

Edited by CloneWars

Not quite able to get to sleep, so here is the Crash Course version:

===

Now calling it the Excalibur of Mandalore IS a massive oversimplification.  Folks on Mandalore won't just roll over and show their belly just coz someone has it. In fact, an outsider having it is liable to piss them off something fierce.  At the same time, it is a very very very strong symbol of state/importance.  And more than one warlord has used it to beat up anyone who disputes their right to rule Mandalore rally people to their banner/intimidate others into submission. This includes outsiders.

It can be a very Might Makes Right weapon in the wrong hands.

The Sword of Kahless is a pretty good analogue when it comes to Star Trek.  Both in importance and people fighting over it.

======================

So enough of the history lesson.  How is this gonna shape up for future seasons?

Well, for one, it's gonna piss off The Mando something fierce when he finds out about it. And how. :lol:  But it's also quite likely to be a symbol of hope and even possibly a path to re-forging Mandalore as a culture.  It's power is basically as a symbol. 

Well that and it's a bitchin' great weapon. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2