chasmmi

Official BOT top 150 Animated Movies Countdown

97th - An American Tale

74pts - 8 votes, (2014: 92nd Down 5)

7 year old me: Feivel they're there! Right there! Turn around! No! Now they're there! Feival! No Don't go that way!

This is a film that consistently messes with your head at every opportunity. In one way it is a standard 'lost child trying to find family and has wacky adventures' affair, but it does it so well and there is always that air of darkness and potential tragedy that Bluth does so well. 

Pretty much a non-mover since last time around, I wish it was higher, but still good to see it remain in the top 100. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, chasmmi said:

98th - The Peanuts Movie

72pts - 8 votes, (2014: N/A)

I absolutely hate this film. Which is probably the best news Peanuts fans could hear. 

I have always disliked all things Charlie Brown. I hate the moaning nature of the main character, the whiny girlfriend, it stupid kid with the blanket, even that fucking dog and his stupid sidequests. I especially despise the way adults talk.

This film captures all of those aspects perfectly and as such is a film that I hate, but fans of original peanuts stuff should probably really appreciate and adore and at the end of the day that is a great thing.

If I had loved this film, it would mean the makers sacrificed or removed all the quirks that makes Peanuts Peanuts. So I can understand its place on the list despite my own personal feelings. 

Do you have any idea how many people's childhoods you just insulted! take it back. 

Angry-Hulk-Smash-Puny-God-Loki-In-The-Av

• Like 7

96th - The Fox and the Hound

74pts - 9 votes, (2014: 75th Down 21)

One of the sadder Disney films, this one always stuck with me.

The last film to be worked on my the legendary Wolfgang Reitherman (Look him up, he did like all the best pre-1980 Disney stuff). This film shows the sometimes touching, sometimes tragic relationship between a fox and a hunting dog. 

When you look at the list of films in general between Jungle Book and Little Mermaid, it really doesn't make sense how things went so downhill for Disney, there are a lot of good to great films in that period and this is one of them. 

Am pretty sad to see it drop 20 places. 

• Like 8

95th - Happy Feet

75pts - 7 votes, 2 Top 10 (2014: 91st Down 4)

The Mad Max of animated films.

I didn't realise that this actually won the Oscar for Best Animation. I just saw cute penguins dancing and decided not to watch it. Apparently it may be better than I assumed it wouldn't be. 

To be honest, if I had realised then that it was the guy who did Babe directing this, then I probably would have given it a shot when it came out. This also puts it close to the top of my list of animations I hope to eventually get round to watching. 

• Like 11

Six of the Biggest Losers

These are six of the films that dropped the furthest since 2014 (That also missed the list completely). Some of these films make me a lot sadder than others...

Over The Hedge Was 84th Now 223rd Down 139

Brother Bear: Was 95th, Now 208th Down 113

Pokemon: The Movie 107th Now 254th Down 147

Treasure Planet Was 108th Now 161st Down 53

Atlantis: The Lat Empire Was 115th Now 162nd Down 47

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron Was 116th  Now 263rd Down 147

From a personal standpoint I feel that Over The Hedge and Pokemon are no big loss to the top 150. Brother Bear and Spirit I never saw so I cannot comment (although I have heard that parts at least of Brother Bear are actually pretty good). 

Treasure Planet and Atlantis should have made top 150 though. They are both strong, interesting and entertaining films that should have hit a bigger audience than they did. Hopefully they can return to the list in 2018 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Treasure Planet and Atlantis should have made top 150 though. They are both strong, interesting and entertaining films that should have hit a bigger audience than they did. Hopefully they can return to the list in 2018 

I've yet to watch Treasure Planet, I will soon-ish. Atlantis I watched and liked not long after release, and considered including it in my list but I haven't seen it since and couldn't remember much (could be because it was shown in school). Planning to re-watch it.

7 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Brother Bear and Spirit I never saw so I cannot comment (although I have heard that parts at least of Brother Bear are actually pretty good). 

Brother Bear's another one that I've seen only once at school that seemed likeable enough to my recollection but I couldn't remember any details. Another one for the re-watch list.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

95th - Happy Feet

75pts - 7 votes, 2 Top 10 (2014: 91st Up 16)

I didn't realise that this actually won the Oscar for Best Animation. I just saw cute penguins dancing and decided not to watch it. Apparently it may be better than I assumed it wouldn't be. 

To be honest, if I had realised then that it was the guy who did Babe directing this, then I probably would have given it a shot when it came out. This also puts it close to the top of my list of animations I hope to eventually get round to watching. 

YESSSSSSS

7 hours ago, chasmmi said:

95th - Happy Feet

75pts - 7 votes, 2 Top 10 (2014: 91st Up 16)

Don't it's awful one of the worst animated films I've seen aside from Polar Express.

Edited by Kalo

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Don't listen to Kalo! He's completely wrong!

Hide contents

It's actually decent. :ph34r: Weird, but decent.

I'm never wrong. Not on this anyway.

Edited by Kalo