Jonwo

Wonka | December 15, 2023 | TIMOTHEE IS WILLY WONKA FAM | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

The thing that really sours me on this movie is that awful looking CG when Wonka opens that jar of magical bead things. Rest of it looks passable but the only thing that really makes it stand out from any other generic kids fantasy is Chalamet and King's names, the former of whom I'm not convinced has the kind of gravitas in the role that Wilder or Depp had.

Totally disagree. Chalamet has great charisma. Depp just plays weird. Chalamet >>>> Creep Depp. 

Wilder is Eons ago and we are not remaking the same movie. This stands on its own and has a great director as well. This will crush all family picks this holidays. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Totally disagree. Chalamet has great charisma. Depp just plays weird. Chalamet >>>> Creep Depp. 

Wilder is Eons ago and we are not remaking the same movie. This stands on its own and has a great director as well. This will crush all family picks this holidays. 

Agree. Do not understand the Timothy is miscast or stiff argument going around. He seems just fine. For sure compared to Depp who played it like someone who should not be allowed within 50 yards of a school. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Quorum takes 5 movies that release around the same time, say it should be on the high end of this average, and Deadline sees that as enough to make an article? 

I mean, it is Deadline.

This part was interesting though:

In regards to Wonka‘s marketing campaign, there are material out there to move the needle: Two official trailers on the Warner Bros. YouTube channel measuring at respectively 31M and 9M each, lead star Timothée Chalamet will be the guest-host Saturday Night Live on Nov. 11 with the actor also on the cover of GQ. In addition, Warners has 17 one-sheets out there for the movie, in billboards, in-theater and online, and if there’s any barometer as to how much a studio is committing to a movie, it’s in its quantity of one-sheet posters.

Nice way to promote without promoting.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:05 AM, Dominic Draper said:

Genuinely don't understand why some people are so bullish about this doing so well. Getting Mary Poppins vibes where tons of people were so sure it was gonna crush everything the Christmas it came out.

I just don't see this going more than 200-300M WW. But hey maybe I'm wrong.

I'm actually on your same wavelength...I don't see this getting under 25s to rally to it, and if it doesn't, it's where most of this year's mainly older Caucasian drawing films sit - not very high.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Astonished 1