That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Pish Tosh.  Everyone knows it's SH movies' fault that all the other movies during the past 3 months didn't make more money and it's also Disney and Marvel's fault they all didn't get better reviews.

There is a user at IMDb (who states to be a priest) who claims things like that and worse

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur69147844/

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Then again, let's face it: under a Trump presidency, all movie theaters will go out of business.

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

So does that mean Marvel should root for Trump to win so they'll continue to reap in the benefits of people wanting to escape this horrible world.

According to filmlover that wouldn't be wise in the long run....

Movie News – A Doctor Strange Start to the Holiday Season

= the article they gave the link for (their tweet was after the midnight numbers release) still thinks

WEEKEND ESTIMATES

1. Doctor Strange – $73M
  2. Trolls – $45M
  3. Hacksaw Ridge – $13M
  4. Boo! – $9M
  5. Inferno – $8M
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Not sure about this, if it blows up to over 100m OW then 3x multi is a remote but possible thing.

I think it does 100-110M OW to be honest.

Beasts in a couple of week though, I wonder what these numbers spell for Beasts? I guess Beasts' audience is slightly older, but a lot of overlap though.

Either way, fucking awesome.

Beasts audience is most likely younger.  The MCU usually skews around 65% [Edit it's 50-60%] over 25

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Any guesses what Marvel Studios/Disney project will be their first critical and box office flop?

I think even Squirrel Girls would hit 500 m WW at this point.

This would be easy to answer if Feige hadn't seen the schedule of releases, chuckled, asked out loud "what were we thinking?", and removed Inhumans from it 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Beasts audience is most likely younger.  The MCU usually skews around 65% over 25

Does MCU skew that old? Huh, I thoguht it was more teenagers.

I'm sure Beasts audience is mostly over 25 too though - The ones who loved Harry Potter back then, like me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

There is a user at IMDb (who states to be a priest) who claims things like that and worse

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur69147844/

According to filmlover that wouldn't be wise in the long run....

Movie News – A Doctor Strange Start to the Holiday Season

= the article they gave the link for (their tweet was after the midnight numbers release) still thinks

WEEKEND ESTIMATES

1. Doctor Strange – $73M
  2. Trolls – $45M
  3. Hacksaw Ridge – $13M
  4. Boo! – $9M
  5. Inferno – $8M

Maybe they think the school Friday will handicap it a Lil.

But I believe whatever it doesn't make on Friday it will make up for it over the weekend.

• Like 1

I find some of these predictions from major predictors interesting. 70m was basically a given before the huge midnight number does Gitesh really think it's going to be that frontloaded during the school year? even if you run with the 9% behind WS bit you are talking mid 80s..... *smh* sometimes I don't get these people.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

THU pre-shows only 9% below . Both pics opened during school yr. Wknd may hit $70-80M.

9% under TWS would be about $83m

DS has the advantage of 7pm v 8pm times but it's also not a sequel.  Then again the MCU has become like Pixar in that the brand itself tends toward front loading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

This would be easy to answer if Feige hadn't seen the schedule of releases, chuckled, asked out loud "what were we thinking?", and removed Inhumans from it 

Hey, I like the Inhuman movie idea (but haven't seen AoShield yet, only a few ep. of season 1, heard Inhumans might be included later on).

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Does MCU skew that old? Huh, I thoguht it was more teenagers.

I'm sure Beasts audience is mostly over 25 too though - The ones who loved Harry Potter back then, like me.

You've been reading too many "The MCU is for kiddies" posts. :lol:

I think Beasts will skew older than Potter because the original core child/young teen group has grown but Potter still has a lot of young readers who love that world.

• Like 2