Sun: 21.7 (-32%)

OW: 85.7m

Strange

Midnight: 9.4m

Fri (sans md): 21m

Sat: 27.4 (+30%)

Sun: 18.6 (-32%)

OW: 77.4m

Might be nothing, but on MT Strange keeps losing ground to Trolls (went from 51% to 46% in a couple of hours, while Trolls strongly increased).

Assuming it follows Thor 2 on the weekend, I don't think 200m is locked. It would need a 2.6x multi, which, considering how CBMs fared this year and the MASSIVE competition up ahead (FB, Moana + SW in a a month) might prove difficult. It has a good shot? OF COURSE. But it is not locked. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

So:

Thor 2

Midnight : 7.1

Fri (sans md): 24.8

Sat: 32 (+30%)

Strange

Might be nothing, but on MT Strange keeps losing ground to Trolls (went from 51% to 46% in a couple of hours, while Trolls strongly increased).

Assuming it follows Thor 2 on the weekend, I don't think 200m is locked. It would need a 2.6x multi, which, considering how CBMs fared this year and the MASSIVE competition up ahead (FB, Moana + SW in a a month) might prove difficult. It has a good shot? OF COURSE. But it is not locked. 

MT and Pulse mean nothing once the weekend hits.

2 hours ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

Some of the boys on our WhatsApp chat pointed out to me several times now that the Thursday preview numbers are getting bigger and bigger as a portion of the weekend number. So I guess it shouldn't be that shocking if it comes in that around 75 or 80.

ROGUE ONE will be the exception dude! HOLIDAYS & STAR WARS even if it's shit...

31 would be ok, just surprising to me in someways that it could be that "frontloaded" but it is also not just DR Strange, but also Trolls and Hacksaw that would appear to be frontloaded in regards to Previews/Friday totals.

I know the market was starving but thats like crazy.

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

Can't see it going much higher than 82-83m with the high end, no lower than about 75-76 million. 80 million seems to be the target with RTH's current range

82m is what I predicted so I hope it hits that high. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its really early. let us wait until 11PM PST. it could go up. 29m would be quite low considering the previews. Still its a break out for an unknown SH. kudos to marvel getting another SH movie with strong reviews.

Yeah general audiences haven't seen this side of Marvel until now. Well, I guess they got a little taste of it with the tiny bit that Thanos was in GotG, seeing Scarlet Witch with her powers, but still nothing on this level.

Spoiler

Dormammu

alone getting a little screen time will likely have some viewers going WTF. I was glad they actually showed him after mentioning him a few times earlier in the movie, so audiences who have no clue who he is now at least have an inkling of an idea when he shows up down the road. 

Edited by DealWithIt

1 hour ago, James said:

So:

Thor 2

Midnight : 7.1

Fri (sans md): 24.8

Sat: 32 (+30%)

Strange

lol already predicting the run after a first day. Don't be a clown. 

2 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Yeah general audiences haven't seen this side of Marvel until now. Well, I guess they got a little taste of it with the tiny bit that Thanos was in GotG, seeing Scarlet Witch with her powers, but still nothing on this level. Dormammu alone getting a little screen time will likely have some viewers going WTF. I was glad they actually showed him after mentioning him a few times earlier in the movie, so audiences who have no clue who he is now at least have an inkling of an idea when he shows up down the road. 

spoiler tag please