kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

T-Mobile is all in on this movie.  I already got ads this morning and they are hyping a big "pre-buy" deal for Oct 30 for Atom users...we'll see how great the deal is (heck, it might bring me in, when I wasn't really planning this on my Nov movie schedule, since I'm already in for Hogwarts #2 and probably 1 of the animated films:)...

19 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

From what I read recently, music biopics aren't allowed in Comedy/Musical anymore, so Bohemian Rhapsody will be Drama there. Malek is probably locked to win that; I doubt they go for Gosling's subdued performance.

cooper would win either way. unless Vice is great, i think that's his only real competition tbh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

cooper would win either way. unless Vice is great, i think that's his only real competition tbh.

I think Christian bale Will be nominated but not win cause they just rewarded Gary Oldman in a similar kind of transformation role

23 minutes ago, Julian1410 said:

I think Christian bale Will be nominated but not win cause they just rewarded Gary Oldman in a similar kind of transformation role

Vice is going to be comedy (probably), so he has that category on lockdown if Cooper isn't there.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Who doesn't love feeling carsick?

I think this clip should be watched once in a while, just so that when we complain about bad directing, we can truly see what bad (directing? cinematography?) looks like

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, Ryan Reynolds said:

This is  going to get interesting.

Prolbem I have is with the multiple accusations over a long period of time. If Singer is playing the conspiracy to get me card he just lost me totally.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

This is  going to get interesting.

Prolbem I have is with the multiple accusations over a long period of time. If Singer is playing the conspiracy to get me card he just lost me totally.

That card will be semi-strong, because in the past it did actually happen to him to be sued by con-men (he is an easy target having no credibility with the volume of talks) and the lawyer's had to write an excuse letter an reimburse is fee and it is the same lawyer that the latest victim is using to sue him.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:00 PM, Barnack said:

That card will be semi-strong, because in the past it did actually happen to him to be sued by con-men (he is an easy target having no credibility with the volume of talks) and the lawyer's had to write an excuse letter an reimburse is fee and it is the same lawyer that the latest victim is using to sue him.

There have been as many rumors about the shit he's done over the years as Spacey and Weinstein.   He should be very wary about if or when the dam breaks and all the old accusations come flooding in instead of trickling.

How does the directing credit work for this? Say the movie is amazing and shoe-in for best director, who gets the credit? Singer? Or does it just not get nominated no matter what because of all the behind-the-scenes stuff? 

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

How does the directing credit work for this? Say the movie is amazing and shoe-in for best director, who gets the credit? Singer? Or does it just not get nominated no matter what because of all the behind-the-scenes stuff? 

Nominations are dependant on Academy directors branch member votes, so  a bunch of directors will decide if ihe gets a nod.

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

Singer got the official directing credit (even though they're doing their best to avoid all mention of him in promo, of course), so he would get the nomination. 

I'd say it'll never happen, but I'll believe anything/nothing is impossible, after Trump. 

...But I'd sure rather see the dude truly land some karmic consequences for his behavior over the years...

Edited by Macleod