kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

17 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It will still have to pay for the sins of Thor 4 and Ant-Man 3. . .

Please, for the love of God, shut up with this. I really don't think anyone going into Deadpool 3 will care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The Marvels already paid for that, hitting rock bottom. No where to go but up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Also if it did love and Thunder numbers, it'd be below what Disney appears to be expecting, but that's only like a 20 mil drop from the last one 

Think you might be reading a bit too much in the pre-sale window length.  

EDITED TO ADDRESS A (perhaps) INEVITABLE POINT.

I personally think Disney is probably "expecting" at least a 150m OW.  I just don't think the timing of the pre-sales tells us all that much given that Disney hasn't had them that long for a lot of their films that they did have massive expectations for.

So why is Disney having such a long pre-sale window?  Hell if I know.  Maybe Ryan Reynolds wanted it to be news right after If's OW as a piece of synergy.  Or maybe some intern in Burbank got drunk at a Truth or Dare party, and this is the consequence.

Just don't think it says quite as much as is being made out (mostly thanks to Captain Marvel getting a similar treatment and a whole long list of MCU films which didn't).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Also if it did love and Thunder numbers, it'd be below what Disney appears to be expecting, but that's only like a 20 mil drop from the last one 

that seems like the most likely scenario , Deadpool seems like a consistent franchise like Guardians  , its weird marvel loonies expected a billion when previous films showed a ceiling

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Nah, Deadpool is its own entity. It's unrelated to Thor 4, Ant-Man 3 and The Marvels. The previous Deadpool flicks were well reviewed by both critics and audiences, and the last movie with Wolverine was also very well reviewed. 

• Like 1

DP1 made 132M in its first three days while DP2 did 125M. I think in that range is a realistic expectation for this one, or a bit higher (like 140M). I am still on my 110-120M prediction but how the first few days of sales can change my mind.

41 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Nah, Deadpool is its own entity. It's unrelated to Thor 4, Ant-Man 3 and The Marvels. The previous Deadpool flicks were well reviewed by both critics and audiences, and the last movie with Wolverine was also very well reviewed. 

I really hope so. At this point being part of the MCU is more of a hinderance than an advantage lmao

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

$180M for DP3 would be more impressive than Endgame's opening weekend (in my personal opinion) 

And for anybody wondering, yes I absolutely do want Deadpool to do 1B+ (I do not want this movie to fail even though I've been pessimistic about it)

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

DP1 made 132M in its first three days while DP2 did 125M. I think in that range is a realistic expectation for this one, or a bit higher (like 140M). I am still on my 110-120M prediction but how the first few days of sales can change my mind.

Will by cleared by the time people are eating dinner on Saturday 

Edited by HummingLemon496

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

that seems like the most likely scenario , Deadpool seems like a consistent franchise like Guardians  , its weird marvel loonies expected a billion when previous films showed a ceiling

The reactions to this are very clearly not like the receptions of the first two though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Reddroast said:

I mean X-Men 97 cancels most of the bad out.

Yes it's that good

Sadly more people are watching crappy shows like Echo over X97..,,,there wont be any canceling 

54 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Captain America or Alex Garland

Captain America, although when I said that I remembered it as 170/410 and apparently it was really 180/410