kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So 5th lowest of all MCU movies on MetaCritic so far. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be a surprise dub for this.

Honest, not sarcastic question: does anyone in the general audience actually  use metacritic for movie stuff? Everyone I know always brings up RT if anything. Hell I only ever use metacritic for games 

Rotten Tomatoes is useful as a easy link to the actual reviews, but the ratings are pretty messed up and the exact mechanism for classyfying a review as "Fresh or Rotten" seems to pretty subjective.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Honest, not sarcastic question: does anyone in the general audience actually  use metacritic for movie stuff? Everyone I know always brings up RT if anything. Hell I only ever use metacritic for games 

Yeah Metacritic is irrelevant for audiences.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

One thing I think we can *ALL* agree on:

Rotten Tomatoes is *REALLY* rotten in the first hour-plus of a major release.

Like, it's been years with their server troubles.  Hire some IT folks who specialize in managing spikes in traffic, or sumthin'.

Oh if you think this is bad you don't remember the old old days, when the site was fucking super broken. Captain America First Avenger was at 27% for almost a full day before the rest of the reviews got added. Imagine that today?

3 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Lol. Leave this thread if you're only here foe the possibility of it flopping. 

Not everyone is a pretentious snob and can get into different genres with different expectations. If that makes you mad...it makes me happy.

I don;t know..it sort of balances the mindless cheerleading you get from some MCU fans.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Based on my experience, I have never heard anyone bring up Metacritic outside online spaces, always Rotten Tomatoes.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Cinephiles uses MC because most good writers are there. 

Most people uses RT. It will be better there but not great either tbh, seems like 70-75% once it settles down. It’s fine, no more than that.

Doubt it’ll hurt it box office wise but won’t help it either. Lucky for Marvel, it doesn’t really looks like they needed this boost in sales.

• Like 3

>Deadpool & Wolverine settles for manic, gamer-style ultraviolence where death isn’t a thing, really, but where the grotesque sight gags start to feel not simply hollow, but kind of awful. 1/4 - Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune

interesting comment, seems like something that could actually end up hurting reception

Ive only seen deadpool 1, but I don't remember it being anything other than superficially gory

Cmon guys stop trying to defend the 54 Metacritic score, that’s fucking abysmal, there’s no way that’s a good thing for Disney or the MCU. They needed this to be a critical hit, and it’s average at best.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 3

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The more serious ones seem to be up. Ehrlich gave it a C+ and fresh.

Consensus seems to be "not the best but generally enjoyable, plots a bit convoluted". Hardly the "worst of the year" type stuff from social media reactions, at least so far.

Guessing the ones who hate fanservice and/or tired of multiverse really had it with this one in addition to story problems being second. Kinda suspect same vibes for Secret Wars. The RT/MC split is shocking though as I haven’t see a big split for a blockbuster like that in years. Anyways seems business as usual for Deadpool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Cmon guys stop trying to defend the 54 Metacritic score, that’s fucking abysmal, there’s no way that’s a good thing for Disney or the MCU. They needed this to be a critical hit, and it’s average at best.  

GP uses RT more than MC. So that's more a focus for me

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Pirates 2 was a 54. If it makes money, they won't care. Not a great score there though. 

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Cinephiles uses MC because most good writers are there. 

Most people uses RT. It will be better there but not great either tbh, seems like 70-75% once it settles down. It’s fine, no more than that.

Doubt it’ll hurt it box office wise but won’t help it either. Lucky for Marvel, it doesn’t really looks like they needed this boost in sales.

MC is pretty much the top critics for RT.  The main difference is the staff assign numbered grades to reviews that don't grade reviews and RT does not.  MTC is not exactly adept at this - sometimes I doubt they read past the first sentence of a review..

Now supposedly 82% at RT though they don't break down top critics.  Their new format is horrendous - it does everything but let you quickly see reviews.

• Like 1

81% at 85 reviews 7.2 avg score. Most likely will settle around low 70's in line with DS:MOM though I think audience reception would be better than that, Somewhere in the middle of NWH and MOM