kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Cmon guys stop trying to defend the 54 Metacritic score, that’s fucking abysmal, there’s no way that’s a good thing for Disney or the MCU. They needed this to be a critical hit, and it’s average at best.  

It's a mediocre score - rather average. For fan-service, it'll do the job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Finally was able to get a look at RT average rating: 7.2 with 85 in.

So yeah, I guess fans will get what they wanted here.

That's pretty good. 

Some just wanted to do too much 

8 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Based on my experience, I have never heard anyone bring up Metacritic outside online spaces, always Rotten Tomatoes.

Deadpool on RT top critics: 63% 

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

Guessing the ones who hate fanservice and/or tired of multiverse really had it with this one in addition to story problems being second. Kinda suspect same vibes for Secret Wars. The RT/MC split is shocking though as I haven’t see a big split for a blockbuster like that in years. Anyways seems business as usual for Deadpool.

One of the big things with Endgame is it kept all the big fanservice till the very end, and mostly stayed focus on the actual Avengers. Which is what the Russos have been good at: Civil War is a Captain America story about the Avengers, but doesn't feel too run over by everyone like Spider-Man and Black Panther for instance. I imagine Secret Wars will be similar.

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

the people trying to make the score worse than it is vs the people trying to make the score better than it is as if we aren’t talking about a Deadpool movie where the past films have been in the 80s on RT and mid 60s on MC. Seems this one will do slightly worse but hardly the “worst movie of the year” or the “best movie of the year” either. Based on the reviews, sounds like it’s a highly entertaining film and if you’re a fan of the characters/previous movies then you’ll like it which should bode well for the box office. Not sure what the problem is. 

LONG TIME, NO SEE, NOVA!!!! ❤️ ❤️  ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

In France , it's much better than US , Audience score : 3,8/5.

3.8/5 would be equivalent to a B+ on Cinema Score. 4 is A-, 4.5 is A, A+ is 4.9/5. B+ is not bad at all for an R rated movie.

LMAO days of meltdowns and it opens with a mid-80s RT score.

What a day hahahahahahhahaha

Imagine posting on a box office site about the doom and gloom of an 80%+ RT score and an almost $200 mil OW. Wild stuff.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

LMAO days of meltdowns and it opens with a mid-80s RT score.

What a day hahahahahahhahaha

Imagine posting on a box office site about the doom and gloom of an 80%+ RT score and an almost $200 mil OW. Wild stuff.

yet top critics score is 63% on RT

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Dang based on the last few pages, I thought for sure Deadpool was debuting in the 60s maybe even 50s

Anything less than 85+ for an MCU movie results in a meltdown on this forum. It has cooled off since the pandemic since MCU scores since then have been average but before the pandemic when MCU was at its peak, every movie was expected to be 90+ pretty much. 

• Like 2