75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

Just got out. I'm so happy, absolutely loved it. The world building, like many have mentioned, was extraordinary. I felt so apart of the world, and the characters were great. As usual, Yates excels in this department, and he has proved that he is a worthy director for this new franchise. Definitely makes you excited for future instalments. 

Audience really seemed to love it, especially the humour. WOM will be good, I hope it can have at least decent legs to offset the disappointing opening. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I don't get this DS drop either, I hope Deadline is underestimating DS again.

and fb as well, I'd love a positive surprise there

Last week, DHD estimates went from low 30s to low 40s. I wouldn't worry about DS yet.

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Like The curious case of Benjamin button winning best visual effects over The dark knight. Which made no freaking sense. Or Rotpota not winning. 

Both made sense, TDK wasn't anything special and Rotpota, though it's visuals are great, the technique is nothing new, it's not like interstellar which made scientific break throughs giving the most plausible example of how a black hole would look, it's far more impressive and deserving of recognition.

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder how TriStar can bungle two films in a row from big name directors. I would imagine directors would be vary pitching any projects to them if they end up getting shafted. 

They get the opportunity to make their movie, on their terms. How are they being shafted?

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Just got out. I'm so happy, absolutely loved it. The world building, like many have mentioned, was extraordinary. I felt so apart of the world, and the characters were great. As usual, Yates excels in this department, and he has proved that he is a worthy director for this new franchise. Definitely makes you excited for future instalments. 

Audience really seemed to love it, especially the humour. WOM will be good, I hope it can have at least decent legs to offset the disappointing opening. 

I think this has the potential to grow its audience, maybe not domestically but I could it increasing overseas. It's a shame it's not coming until 2018.

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Honestly who the fuck remembers that POS Forrest Gump ripoff? The dark knight was a much greater film and had way better effects than TCCoBB. 

I liked Benjamin Button better than TDK, maybe just because I am not a superhero person and a massive Fincher and Blanchett fan.