75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

9 minutes ago, James said:

Thanks! Lucky bastard! I loved what you wrote about the movie some pages ago by the way, I can't wait to watch it tomorrow, I hope I love it as much as you did!

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

Thanks! Lucky bastard! I loved what you wrote about the movie some pages ago by the way, I can't wait to watch it tomorrow, I hope I love it as much as you!

Out of likes, but I think you will. Generally for me when I go in with huge expectations I tend to leave at least partially disappointed. Not this time though. Also, it won't happen, but this deserves an scar for the VFX. It is just mindblowing. This movie alone has more magic (spells etc) in it visually than the entire Potter franchise.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, James said:

Out of likes, but I think you will. Generally for me when I go in with huge expectations I tend to leave at least partially disappointed. Not this time though. Also, it won't happen, but this deserves an scar for the VFX. It is just mindblowing. This movie alone has more magic (spells etc) in it visually than the entire Potter franchise.   

Yeah, no. Nothing about the VFX was great or inventive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

Buckbeak being 12 years old is more visually impressive than anything Beasts. The CG looked good but not we've seen better from this year, not Oscar worthy 

• Like 2

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-fantastic-beasts-1201921970/

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” is heading for a magical opening weekend in the $75 million range, early estimates showed Friday.

The “Harry Potter” spinoff, starring Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, is performing in line with recent forecasts. The film is set to earn $30 million, which includes $8.8 million from Thursday night showings, on Friday. The Warner Bros. movie will play at 4,144 North American locations this weekend.

The third weekend of DreamWorks Animation’s “Trolls,” distributed by Fox, looks likely to wind up runner-up with $15 million, edging the third frame of Disney-Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” with about $13.5 million. Paramount’s second frame of “Arrival” should end up fourth at about $11 million.

STX Entertainment’s “The Edge of Seventeen,” an R-rated high-school dramedy starring Hailee Steinfeld, appears to be heading for a $6 million debut at 1,945 sites. That’s well below expectations of a $10 million opening weekend. 

Open Road is seeing minimal traction for boxing biopic “Bleed for This,” starring Miles Teller as Vinny Pazienza, with projections for about $3 million at 1,549 locations

Just now, Noctis said:

Out of any major blockbuster this year, none had an ending more heartwarming and touching than FB. 

Gosh, I agree.It was just beautiful. I am surprised at how incredibly fitting the score was. It is right up there with the Williams stuff.

7 minutes ago, James said:

In a year with Jungle Book and Dr Strange?

No way.  Though it will probably go to an Oscar darling in some bullshit win because we know that only films with Best Pic nod have the best VFX, Sound Editing, Costumes, Score etc...

Just now, TalismanRing said:

In a year with Jungle Book and Dr Strange?

No way.  Though it will probably go to an Oscar darling in some bullshit win because we know that only films with Best Pic nod have the best VFX, Sound Editing, Costumes, Score etc...

So why did Ex Machina and Interstellar win? So much salt in this post :lol: 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

We know that only films with Best Pic nod have the best VFX, Sound Editing, Costumes, Score etc...

This is something I don't get for sure. I like it when we get nominees from beyond Oscar bait movies, like The Wolfman winning or Bad Grandpa being nominated. Makes it at least look like the Oscars is not just the adult targeted drama movies released between November to December.

• Like 1