75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

24 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's fine for FB but I'm still disappointed ?

I wanted at least $80m. With $75m OW it could barely pass $200m..this movie deserves so much more :(

Deserves got nothing to do with it. It's all about appealing to the most people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Moonlight has hit a wall in terms of expansion but that was inevitable. It's still gonna get a second life in January.

It's performing better so far than Room, with a better expansion even pre award nomination.  Hopefully that will translate to an even better even though it won't benefit from a Best Actor win

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=room2015.htm

23 minutes ago, babz06 said:

If Fantastic Beasts was a more adult (25+) female audience then where did all of the 18-25 year olds go? Dr. Strange? Edge of Seventeen did poorly. 

Age groups if audience of DS is rather similar to FB (MCU in general skews way older than a lot of people think), I think it was 65% or so over 25y and the other older groups, but DS had 58% male,... They expected $20m for DS, I think they were already considering that a bit too, but DS 'only' got ~$17.5m or so, so it seems it lost at least some more % than expected to FB.

Anyone has an ~ idea for the upcoming holidays plus % ? I mean out of the head, very roughly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Even OS markets already stopped giving a fuck. It might not do 200M OS.

For a second my brain died and I thought you were talking about FB and I was ready to drag you:lol:

Speaking of FB, that Flixter score is stable at 86% (has been for the past 2 days), which is better than all Potter movies, save for DH2.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

$200 million domestic total for Beasts. Edge Of Seventeen :sadben:flopping .   

280m according to BOM:P

As have several Harry Potter films before it, Beasts scored an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences. That being said, while this is the lowest opening for any film in J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World series of films, Beasts's opening is on par with the likes of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ($77.1m) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($77.8m), which went on to gross $292 million and $301 million respectively. Should Fantastic Beasts follow suit a domestic run anywhere from $284-290 million would be in the offing, though a safe expectation right now would seem to be around $275-280 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4243&p=.htm

I want whatever he's drinking. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I think it is going to get to $800m total.  There is nothing to compete with it until Rogue One comes out.  

Nothing to compete with it? Doesn't Moana come out next weekend?

8 minutes ago, James said:

As have several Harry Potter films before it, Beasts scored an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences. That being said, while this is the lowest opening for any film in J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World series of films, Beasts's opening is on par with the likes of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ($77.1m) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($77.8m), which went on to gross $292 million and $301 million respectively. Should Fantastic Beasts follow suit a domestic run anywhere from $284-290 million would be in the offing, though a safe expectation right now would seem to be around $275-280 million.

Completely delusional. Those films opened on Wednesday and their 5-day openings were 140M and 158M respectively. 

Brad Bevet has never been particularly good but this is a real oversight... thinking this movie is gonna leg it to 280M from 75M opening is nuts. 175M much more likely than 275M.

Edited by Treecraft
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, James said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha why don't I have his fucking job?

• Like 8

Just now, EmpireCity said:

According to all of the numbers and feedback it doesn't look like Moana really takes a core group of its audience.  

I dont know what numbers you have but it seems to me that Fantastic Beasts appeals to families, as does Moana.