75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

5 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Knowing Deadline, they are looking at the Fri-Fri drops for Strange/Trolls and extrapolating to the entire weekend, forgetting that last Friday was a holiday. 

No stated Friday estimate = useless weekend estimate

eec.jpg

• Like 6

Meh results. But not bad for Fantastic Beasts, given that it's the holiday season and usually blockbusters have decent holds. Edge Of Seventeen is something that could do $6-$7 million OW and make possibly $20 million domestic or so. Bleed For This, and Billy Lynn are flops.

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Screw Sony for butchering Billy Lynn's release, last minute release date change, what the f were they thinking? Ugh, Ang deserves better than this. Lots of competition this weekend. 

The reviews killed it. When you're an adult-targeted drama with no starpower and mediocre reviews, your chances of finding an audience are very slim.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, James said:

first of all, I feel your post more belonged in the FB thread and second of all, not trying to flirt or anything but according to your Instagram you are gorgeous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yjs said:

first of all, I feel your post more belonged in the FB thread and second of all, not trying to flirt or anything but according to your Instagram you are gorgeous.

Haha thanks:lol:

I will probably repost it there.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The reviews killed it. When you're an adult-targeted drama with no starpower and mediocre reviews, your chances of finding an audience are very slim.

I guess so, but still, Veterans Day would have been much more appropriate instead of dumping it into 1100 + theaters a week later. This reminds me of the release of The Light Between Oceans. Well, it happens.... the NYFF screenings blew up in their faces. Still excited to see it. 

• Like 1

Fantastic Beasts will still reach $200-230 million DOM and probably triple that OS. We've been asking for mid-level blockbusters ($175-250 million DOM) all year and now we get two (three if Trolls gets some strong legs)... and everyone acts disappointed :ph34r:

$8.75 million

$22 million 

$28 million 

$16.5 million 

$75 million OW

I think the smaller OW will lead to a better 2nd-weekend hold than DH1. Maybe $40-42 million for the 3-day/$58-63 million for the 5-day. That would put it on pace for around $150 million DOM after 10 days. Not bad, especially since it'll likely hold well the weekend before Rogue One opens. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Just now, filmlover said:

Fantastic Beasts is probably gonna end up playing out like 10 Cloverfield Lane on a higher scale: an original movie with a tenuous connection to another popular movie/franchise.

Er, not quite. Fantastic Beasts is in the same storyline where 10CL is an anthology. 

• Like 1

Just now, mahnamahna said:

Fantastic Beasts will still reach $200-230 million DOM and probably triple that OS. 

$8.75 million

$22 million 

$28 million 

$16.5 million 

$75 million OW

I think the smaller OW will lead to a better 2nd-weekend hold than DH1. Maybe $40-42 million for the 3-day/$58-63 million for the 5-day. 

It would need over a 3x multiplier to hit $230m off a 75m w/e.  I can't see that happening.  This isn't Potter but it's still a spin off with built in early demand.  If it was a completely original property it wouldn't have $8.75m previews or come near this opening. 

• Like 1