75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Had my first Dolby Cinema experience today. LieMAX-sized screen with better projection. The sound system is the highlight though, absolutely ridiculous. To give you an indication, the theater was shaking during the Coke commercial prior to the start of the film. The bass is just wow.

What I coincidence, I also saw a movie in Dolby Cinema today.

The sound was indeed ridiculous

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fantastic beasts was garbage. Just got out of the theater.

tumblr_loizziKVZY1qmiwwho1_500.gif

Also, maybe we can now put that FB will be as frontloaded as HP behind us. DH2 dropped 53% on Sat, DH1 dropped 38%. With 27m the drop is about 9%, which is in line with Goblet of Fire. That had a 2.8x multi. Even with less than that FB gets to 200m+ from a 75m opening. 

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, James said:

Also, maybe we can now put that FB will be as frontloaded as HP behind us. DH2 dropped 53% on Sat, DH1 dropped 38%. With 27m the drop is about 9%, which is in line with Goblet of Fire. That had a 2.8x multi. Even with less than that FB gets to 200m+ from a 75m opening. 

This

32 minutes ago, James said:

I think Filmbuff is easily one of the more simple-minded users that has ever been on BOT.

I'm not surprised why he can act this self-centered.

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think Filmbuff is easily one of the more simple-minded users that has ever been on BOT.

I'm not surprised why he can act this self-centered.

Lol. Okay MrfanaticGuy. You're sure 'living up' to your screen name moniker.

Stop being a little biya. It's a bad look.

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Lol. Okay MrfanaticGuy. You're sure 'living up' to your screen name moniker.

Stop being a little biya. It's a bad look.

How about you stop acting like you know better than anyone here.

And btw, this film won't do lower as you expect, just because you hated it. So don't act like you wishfully want that.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

That's a fantastic Saturday hold. I wasn't expecting anything above 24m. In fact, if that 27m is correct Fantastic Beasts increased 30% on Saturday over Friday when you minus the preview number.  To add some perspective, Goblet of Fire which came out back in 2005 increased 10% on Saturday when taking out the Friday midnight gross. So all in all excellent Saturday! 200m is well within reach....and....uhh....maybe 225m. We'll have to see how it holds over American Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I don't care how Megan Ellison came across her money. All that matters is that she has awesome taste in film and has pushed through a number of films that were creative gambles.

Maybe not for her, but this kind of attitude is elitist.

Does anyone care how the Wolf of Wall Street was financed? 

Stolen money from the people of Malaysia. Does the third world not matter? Clearly not for the sake of "art". 

di Caprio is an arrogant hypocrite.