eXtacy

Monday Numbers: Moana/FB 2.3-2.2m (Asgard)

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Is that WW?

No, domestic. DS was ahead of Spectre on a daily basis and gaining more boxoffice ahead of it (about 25M). Now they are neck on neck and maybe DS looses some of his momentum ahead of Spectre. We will see in the next weeks!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

No, it is dom, from Friday to Monday. Only a bit unusual, but not inseen here. Not sure if I miss something.

Sorry should have been more clear.  Finnick mentioned that DS was losing ground to Spectre.   Which I assumed was WW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Sorry should have been more clear.  Finnick mentioned that DS was losing ground to Spectre.   Which I assumed was WW.

Doctor Strange could never catch up with Spectre WW simply because Spectre had a super strong performance in the UK. 

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

But hasn't DS already beaten Spectre domestically?

Sorry my bad English, I am not talking about the total boxoffice. I am talking about the remaining. Now DS is ahead of Spectre by 25M at the same date of release, will DS keep this gain and finish at 225M+ or will it loose some of its potential in the upcoming days and finish below that?

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Sorry my bad English, I am not talking about the total boxoffice. I am talking about the remaining. Now DS is ahead of Spectre by 25M at the same date of release, will DS keep this gain and finish at 225M+ or will it loose some of its potential in the upcoming days and finish below that?

Only time will tell,as far as I'm concerned DS has already accomplished it goal when it cruised pass 200Dom.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Thank you, still do not understand:

why 'not ... enough'

I posted the tweet for release date reasons, I have no idea what the project is about

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

why 'not ... enough'

I posted the tweet for release date reasons, I have no idea what the project is about

It's just his dumb quote that people supposedly say to him about his own projects. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

why 'not ... enough'

It's a silly joke poking fun at the director, don't worry about it lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The reason Aladdin took so long to come to the stage was because they couldn't figure how to do the Genie and also had other shows which were further in development such as Aida and Mary Poppins. 

The Arabian setting was of course, also a major problem, and another reason why an Aladdin musical took so long. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

7 hours ago, yjs said:

this would be perfect. a redemption for the cars franchise and finding the studio's mojo back with its original hit 

Unless they somehow really it screw-up, Cars 3 is likely going to be much better received than 2. I think it'll at least be around in the 70's on RT, which compared to the second, would be an improvement. 

11 hours ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Yea and the fact is Dory dropped hard in the first two weeks of Pets run.

The main difference being that Dory didn't have this kind of universal enthusiasm Moana is getting. It was more of a universal "that was cute" kind of reaction. But regardless, Dory had fantastic legs for 2016 (arguably phenomenal given that gargantuan OW for animation and SLOP). There's absolutely no way to spin it as having a lackluster multi. So I'm not sure if you're trying to use that as some kind of argument against Moana's legs, cause it's not a good argument at all if so.