Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

Now that's some nice DVD/Blu-Ray catchphrase praise.

From the director of the most acclaimed horror movies that ever got nominated for Best Picture aka The Exorcist.

Or

"The movie everyone liked minus Armond White"

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, PenguinHyphy said:

There is nothing but equivocation and projection throughout that entire interview. Samuel L. Jackson never stated anything about his blackness. Samuel L. Jackson stated that Americans have different experiences than Brits, and those different experiences might shape their performances. There have been plenty people who have spoken about the number of Brits playing Americans for years now. People are making a big deal out of an innocuous statement. With that stated, the guy is a great actor and actually appears likable throughout his interviews unlike most British actors. 

yeah I kinda agree, I like Daniel but there was so much projection. Like no one said he wasn't black. I do like what he said about his experiences though. 

LOL the media made such a big deal about Samuel's statements in a random interview its ridiculous. 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, it's already broken the record for most reviews with only one negative review; the previous record holder was Finding Nemo with 174. If it gets 15 consecutive positive reviews it'll become the first ever movie to be at 100% (if only temporarily) despite having a negative review.

9 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Now that's some nice DVD/Blu-Ray catchphrase praise.

From the director of the most acclaimed horror movies that ever got nominated for Best Picture aka The Exorcist.

Or

"The movie everyone liked minus Armond White"

A bit of an overstatement, I feel. I didn't feel terrified before, during, or after seeing it.

But then again, reality is much scarier, and the film nailed that aspect perfectly.

2 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

A bit of an overstatement, I feel. I didn't feel terrified before, during, or after seeing it.

But then again, reality is much scarier, and the film nailed that aspect perfectly.

That's exactly the reason why the movie is terrifying to me in an insidious way. I've encountered all those situations in one way or another and Peele brutally nails what racism entails nowadays pushing it to its most disturbing ramifications.

Your mind being helplessly trapped in your black body, being objectified, conditioned, exploited and suffering for it in this inescapable reality

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

That's exactly the reason why the movie film is terrifying to me in an insidious way. I've encountered all those situations in one way or another and Peele brutally nails what racism entails nowadays pushing it to its most disturbing ramifications.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay. When it's explained that way, it becomes scarier.

Not just for the sake of @WrathOfHan but in general we shouldn't let the insane break out run of this movie completely overshadow Split. That movie was pretty hyped, had a great OW and even better legs. While this may have topped that, Split is still one of the most successful thrillers in recent years, and a huge win for Shaymalan.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Not just for the sake of @WrathOfHan but in general we shouldn't let the insane break out run of this movie completely overshadow Split. That movie was pretty hyped, had a great OW and even better legs. While this may have topped that, Split is still one of the most successful thrillers in recent years, and a huge win for Shaymalan.

We can't let Han off too easily though.

On 26/02/2017 at 4:09 PM, WrathOfHan said:

My love life is more important than a horror film that won't outgross SPLIT.

raw

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

I agree. While Get Out's run is obviously mindblowing, let's not just wash away Split's run as an afterthought. It was a spectacular return to form for Shaymalan if there ever was one.

That being said, c'mon @WrathOfHan, I know part of you was being ironic, but denial doesn't look good, dude. On its 3rd weekend, Split was at 14.4M (a 43% drop) with virtually no competition... okay, technically Rings was a horror movie, but nobody gave that a chance in the world for obvious reasons (still came close to beating it for #1, though). Meanwhile, w/Logan and Kong out, Get Out still topped 20M (27% drop) in its 3rd weekend. Split was at 98M after its 3rd weekend, Get Out was at 110M. BATB's presence would literally need to brutally violate GO in order for it to not outgross Split at this point, and honestly, I'm debating as to whether or not GO will suffer even a 40% drop now.

I really do like it was not a black man facing 'rednecks calling him racist names' film.

That kind of stuff happens still but racism in 2017 seems much more like what we saw in this film. 

To me, that is why I really liked the film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree. While Get Out's run is obviously mindblowing, let's not just wash away Split's run as an afterthought. It was a spectacular return to form for Shaymalan if there ever was one.

That being said, c'mon @WrathOfHan, I know part of you was being ironic, but denial doesn't look good, dude. On its 3rd weekend, Split was at 14.4M (a 43% drop) with virtually no competition... okay, technically Rings was a horror movie, but nobody gave that a chance in the world for obvious reasons (still came close to beating it for #1, though). Meanwhile, w/Logan and Kong out, Get Out still topped 20M (27% drop) in its 3rd weekend. Split was at 98M after its 3rd weekend, Get Out was at 110M. BATB's presence would literally need to brutally violate GO in order for it to not outgross Split at this point, and honestly, I'm debating as to whether or not GO will suffer even a 40% drop now.

I've reached the stage of acceptance breh :sadben: 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've reached the stage of acceptance breh :sadben: 

That's okay brah, no need to hang head in shame. Like I said, Split was still a total overperformer and nobody can ever take that away from it. I believe it's in the top 4 highest grossing January movies ever (not accounting for wide expansions from previous years), 4th only to Kung Fu Panda 3, Paul Blart and Taken. And hey, people are now starting to trust Shaymalan again! The key to his success is remaining in these small budget horror thriller type films, which he seems to thrive on, and he'll be good. If he manages to make the almost inevitable Split/Unbreakable crossover good, he'll be back in the top of the mountain.

• Like 1