Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

I just won tickets to an advance screening (in my country it isn't out until May 4th) and i'm super excited!

Iv'e been dying to see this ever since it has been universally praised and I was bummed that I had to wait until May.. so I entered a comp for a screening and even though I never win anything, somehow I was lucky enough!

Super excited, I see it on Wednesday :insane:

15 minutes ago, Lavochkin said:

I just won tickets to an advance screening (in my country it isn't out until May 4th) and i'm super excited!

Iv'e been dying to see this ever since it has been universally praised and I was bummed that I had to wait until May.. so I entered a comp for a screening and even though I never win anything, somehow I was lucky enough!

Super excited, I see it on Wednesday :insane:

Hey! I won tickets too!

• Like 1

Finally saw this. Great stuff, and it kept me thinking long after the movie had ended.

3.5/4

Low-budget thrillers dont do very well in theaters over here, so I was very pleasantly surprised when several schoolmates of mine overheard the online buzz, watched, and liked it also. Hopefully the same happened for a lot of other people where I come from.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Over 200 review now, still not 100%

I'm guessing it will never actually get back to 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.  A film probably has to actually have a perfect slate of fresh reviews and no rottens to reach 100.  Just rounding up from 99.5% isn't good enough.  

(Maybe this is just a decision they made for this film to set the precedent?  Is there even one other film on Rotten Tomatoes that has a rotten review, but would round up to 100%?)

11 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I'm guessing it will never actually get back to 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.  A film probably has to actually have a perfect slate of fresh reviews and no rottens to reach 100.  Just rounding up from 99.5% isn't good enough.  

(Maybe this is just a decision they made for this film to set the precedent?  Is there even one other film on Rotten Tomatoes that has a rotten review, but would round up to 100%?)

There's no way they'll actually break math just so they can take away its 100% score, that would be ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

They already are.  205/206 = 0.99514.  On any other percentage, Rotten Tomatoes would round that number up, but it's still listed as 99%.

Obviously that's what's happening right now but they can't possibly keep it that way if it keeps getting more and more fresh reviews.

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Obviously that's what's happening right now but they can't possibly keep it that way if it keeps getting more and more fresh reviews.

Why not?  Even if it gets to 300 reviews, its percentage is only going to go up about 1/10th of 1 percent.  If RT has decided not to round it up now (I imagine overriding their software), why would they change it then?  

It just might mean they want to reserve 100% to mean "perfect score."

15 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

Finally saw this. Great stuff, and it kept me thinking long after the movie had ended.

3.5/4

Low-budget thrillers dont do very well in theaters over here, so I was very pleasantly surprised when several schoolmates of mine overheard the online buzz, watched, and liked it also. Hopefully the same happened for a lot of other people where I come from.

Might see this today. (if screens are available)

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1