Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

11 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

(Maybe this is just a decision they made for this film to set the precedent?  Is there even one other film on Rotten Tomatoes that has a rotten review, but would round up to 100%?)

I'm actually fairly certain there is no other film on Rotten Tomatoes that has one rotten review but would round up to 100% under the usual rounding rule (200+ reviews).

Looking at the adjusted top 100 list (there's no unadjusted list) on RT, there are 35 films with a 100% score, all of which have zero rotten reviews. There are 13 films with a 99% score, all of which have either less than 200 reviews (and would therefore round down), or have more than one rotten review.

I don't know exactly what their adjusting formula is, but it generally adjusts films upwards for having a larger sample size, so it seems impossible for a film with only one rotten review and at least 200 reviews to not appear on this list (Get Out appears in 10th place).

• Like 1

I can understand the thought behind not letting Getc Out having the 100% if their is any Rotten review. The 100% would imply it is universally liked by critics, and it technically isn't. I'd also agree with that decision more if the lone voice of dissent wasn't Almond Fucking White! :ohmyzod:

• Like 3

Just now, Krissykins said:

Going to see this tonight, finally released here in the U.K. 

Fingers crossed it's as good as everyone says it is! 

hopefully you'll like it since you will be seeing it.  If you don't, i am sure the meltdown on here will be just as entertaining :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 75live said:

hopefully you'll like it since you will be seeing it.  If you don't, i am sure the meltdown on here will be just as entertaining :P 

Loved it!! Phew!

Finally a good horror film in 2017.

Spoiler

I love how it really went there. And wasn't supernatural and had violence. Yes!

I'm so happy I managed to remain completely unspoiled....in 2017....the age of social media.

Proud of myself, lol.

8/10.

• Like 5

I saw it for a second time today with my brother who is seeing it for the first time. He figured out Some of the plot twists about halfway through the movie. He enjoyed the hell out of it too. It really is a crowd-pleasing movie and the comedy certainly helps. 

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

I saw it for a second time today with my brother who is seeing it for the first time. He figured out Some of the plot twists about halfway through the movie. He enjoyed the hell out of it too. It really is a crowd-pleasing movie and the comedy certainly helps. 

What is the DNA of the movie in percentage ?

Comedy, Horror, political satire, etc ...

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

What is the DNA of the movie in percentage ?

Comedy, Horror, political satire, etc ...

IMO:

Horror:  35%

Political Satire: 35%

Comedy:  30%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

As someone who had never seen a horror movie in theaters before Get Out, I read a lot of reviews that mentioned this. Do other horror movies not have similar audience reactions? I mean, many reviews even say that the last act plays more like a conventional horror movie, so presumably a lot of past horror films also tried to please the crowd in the same way.