Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

6 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Collateral Beauty is Collateral Damage(although that's a movie already, which is much better than what Collateral Beauty probably is). I heard the trailer was not the movie at all, and it was completely different. No preview numbers yet for that, which is WB and Will Smith

Reveal hidden contents

It didn't have previews last night

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Is Will Smith done officially now? SS success really can't be attributed to him so it's still been years since he ruled the BO.

nah, he just needs to pick more appealing projects. I read synopsis for Collateral Beauty and went WTF did I just read? It's like Seven Pounds (I think it was 7). That movie wouldn't have made 5 million total with Fassbender or Chastain so his name actually helped a lot. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

There's not much evidence for this movie period, it's all a lot of wading in the dark.

TFA burned off so much demand so quickly, that if it weren't for the fact it is a spinoff, it'd have nowhere to go but up from previews to OW

Oh yea, absolutely uncharted waters. I was saying this in the 450 club thread. Because it's a spinoff and more adult, that points to it being more frontloaded. But others in this topic have made a great argument for it being LESS frontloaded. This shit currently has a Kal/Deadline esque range. If it lands anywhere between DH 1 OW and BvS OW 125 to 166, I wouldn't be surprised. Huge range. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

Yeah, I'd be very interested to see how Rogue One is holding on day 2 in Australia.  That is probably actually the best indicator we have for how the rest of this weekend will go in the US.  Obviously a great number doesn't mean Rogue One will do great the rest of the weekend here or vice versa but that is probably the best predictor we can have for the rest of this weekend.

But in Australia it is summer now, and a part of dom (I do not know how big) seems to have rather bad weather = might influence outcome-accuracy a bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Is Will Smith done officially now? SS success really can't be attributed to him so it's still been years since he ruled the BO.

I think he had a big part in it's O/S success.  Even Focus did $100m O/S.  He also got credit in a lot of reviews for holding SS together as much as possible with his star power and charisma. 

He's over right now as a star who could get any genre to hit - like he used to be - but that also has to do with lack of quality from the projects he's choosing.

Just now, Bonenash said:

ok time to watch Face off ^^ need a good cage movie :P

come back after to read the bullshit deadline predictions like today based on matine looks like r1 is making 60 to 80m :P

I love how plastic surgery fools everyone - including his wife - into believing a man 3 inches shorter and 30lbs lighter is her husband.   Just like MI2 when Tom Cruise becomes 6ft Dougray Scott with just a  mask.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea, absolutely uncharted waters. I was saying this in the 450 club thread. Because it's a spinoff and more adult, that points to it being more frontloaded. But others in this topic have made a great argument for it being LESS frontloaded. This shit currently has a Kal/Deadline esque range. If it lands anywhere between DH 1 OW and BvS OW 125 to 166, I wouldn't be surprised. Huge range. 

Yup, I could see arguments for both. I expect it to be slightly less front loaded in terms of OW but who knows.

• Like 1