Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

9 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

The music was also fantastic march on temple, duel of heroes are some of the best of the whole saga

Williams is always a major plus for any of the movies, agreed. In fact, with the prequels, if there was an option to mute dialogue and just let visuals and music carry the story, I'd find them much more rewatchable. 

6 minutes ago, water said:

order 66 is a harrowing scene and really drives home how momentous finn rejecting the stormtrooper conditioning is. i love meaningful connections like that between the trilogies

I don't remember feeling much of anything about Order 66 except that it felt really random and really rushed. I certainly didn't care about any of the CG clone troopers. Maybe retroactively, if I'd watched the Clone Wars? I dunno. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

It's a very good scene.  But I do wish we got to follow another Jedi just a little more closely throughout just so it had a little more impact.

I actually like the fact it's not personal. Unknown jedi in unknown places, emphasises how widespread the slaughter is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

It's intense, but if you think they can handle something a bit darker than you're normal SW film, I'd say go for it. Probably wouldn't bring a 6 year old.

He's pretty hyped. 

With RO and X-mas I actually got him to behave like an angel at school recently.

If only there was a Star Wars movie and a Christmas every month. :sadben:

• Like 1

There were two novels along with ROTS called the Dark Lord Trilogy, Labrynth of Evil and Dark Lord(?)  Granted those two are no longer canon, but it my mind it was how I thought the prequel trilogy would have played out.   But that's neither here nor there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

I remember it having more impact in the novelization which shouldn't be the case

The novelization is the best Star Wars book and a good book in general. I really like the movie but the novelization surpasses it and most of the other movies in every way

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Williams is always a major plus for any of the movies, agreed. In fact, with the prequels, if there was an option to mute dialogue and just let visuals and music carry the story, I'd find them much more rewatchable. 

I don't remember feeling much of anything about Order 66 except that it felt really random and really rushed. I certainly didn't care about any of the CG clone troopers. Maybe retroactively, if I'd watched the Clone Wars? I dunno. 

I dont think Order 66 was rushed it was meant to be quick sudden to show how well palpatine arranged the whole thing the Jedi were helpless

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I could've swore Goffe or Noctis ranked the prequels higher than some of the OT also.

Maybe a Harry Potter fanboy thing? :kitschjob:

Given that harry potter is a kids series and Star Wars is for mature adults, I understand why the prequels appeal to those people more than the adult-aimed original films.

Edited by Treecraft
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

The novelization is the best Star Wars book and a good book in general. I really like the movie but the novelization surpasses it and most of the other movies in every way

The author Matthew Stover also wrote a Mace Windu novel called Shatterpoint that was really good.   

The novels produced in the time of the prequels were generally pretty good.  I do kind of hope the story group looks at the era again, because despite what one might think of the films themselves there's potential to tell really good stories from that time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I could've swore Goffe or Noctis ranked the prequels higher than some of the OT also.

Maybe a Harry Potter fanboy thing? :kitschjob:

I would rank it higher than Jedi the half of the movie spent at Jabba's palace was such a waste a prologue that forgot it was a prologue