kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI | 712.4 M overseas ● 1332.5 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

It made 2.46 million on the weekend in China, but what's the OS without china weekend number?

Thanks bro. I was just going to the China thread to see how much TLJ made there this weekend. BTDubz, the overall 3 day OS weekend estimate for TLJ is 19 million. So [OS-China] would be around 16.54 million.

Edited by MaxAggressor

On 8.1.2018 at 8:15 PM, Taruseth said:

As of 7th January: 

Deadline:

With $67.4M in 55 material markets this session, Disney/Lucasfilm’s Episode VIII in the long-running saga is at $632.7M overseas[, only $28.7M came from China] [...]  Globally, it’s risen to $1,205.2M. 

[...]

In other Jedi news this weekend, it has become the 10th highest grossing movie ever in Europe and the biggest of films released in 2017. The UK has crossed $100M to make Episode VIII the 5th biggest film of all time in that market. In the UK and Germany, it’s the top title of 2017. In IMAX, Jedi is the No. 4 movie ever for the format globally ($115M). The international cume is $50M.

It held No. 1s for the 4th weekend in a row in Japan, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary and Switzerland. Russia increased by 2% while other drops were low despite some competitive play. 

The UK leads all markets currently at $102.9M followed by Germany ($73.5M), France ($57.6M), Japan ($52.2M) and Australia ($39.8M).

(Last week means: Monday 1st) through Sunday (7th))

So the OS-Ch-Cume is $604M

Total: $46M Needed for $650M (Last week: $80.7M)

Uk: $10M (=> Total: $112.9M) (Last week: $11.4M) (So $18.6M left for the initial $30M)

Germany: $10M  (=> Total: $83.5M) (Last week: $11.5M) (So $13.5M left for the $25M)

France: $10M (=> Total: $67.6M) (Last week: $12M) (Just $3M left for $15M, underestimated the legs here)

Japan:  $20M (=> Total: $72.2M) (Last Week $11,8M) (Just $8.2M left for $20M, forgot the New Years etc. Holidays (Monday - Wednesday)

Australia: $5M (=> Total: $44.8M) (Last Week $4.7M) (So $5.3M left for $10M)

So just with that added Money Os-China would be $659M (and 57.8% would be from UK, Germany, France, Japan and Australia)

The other Markets did $29.3M in the last week, they should add $15-20M more.

$29.3M are just 36.3% of the Weeks gross, compared to 41.9% last week (so legs in the other Markets are worse

Would leave TLJ with a Total of $674+M-$679+M OS-Ch, that would be between my most likely and high end.

As of now I think UK and Germany still have a chance at grossing $18.6M and $13.5M instead of $10M each, but I wouldn't count on it as legs in Germany at least don't look that good anymore. That would put the OS-China gross at

$686.1+M-$691.1+M, that certainly seems to high, because that would be above the small Chance, so Germany and the UK might really just gross $10M each 

Well, I certainly got carried away with the gross in China (Presales ahead of RO, on par with JL/Thor etc.:lol: ) and Domestic also now looks worse.

Now I would put those at:

low end: $1310M ($605M Dom, $35M China, $670M) (OS (including Ch): 53.6%

most likely:$1332.5M ($620M, $37.5M, $675M) (OS%: 53.3%)

high end: $1355M ($625M Dom, $40M China, $690M) (OS%: 53.7%)

TFA: OS: 54.7% 

RO: OS: 49.6%

SO Deadline:

With its 5th weekend counted, Star Wars: The Last Jedi has become the No. 10 movie ever at the all-time worldwide box office with $1,264.9M. That moves it into the position previously held by Disney’s own Beauty And The Beast (it needs another roughly $12M to beat Frozen). The Rian Johnson-helmed Episode VIII also has also become the No. 1 movie released in 2017 on a global basis. This session was worth $19M in 52 material markets to lift the international cume to $673.4M.

In Europe, Jedi is now the No. 8 movie ever, passing The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Germany and Switzerland both held the No. 1 position for the 5th weekend in a row. Also keeping grips on No. 1 after five weeks is Japan.

China is the No. 6 market for the film overseas. The Top 5 are the UK ($107.3M), Germany ($77.6M), France ($60.1M), Japan ($58.1M) and Australia ($42.2M).

China won't enter the Top 5 OS-Marekts. Compared to being second biggest OS for TFA and RO only behind the UK.

(Last week means: Monday 8th) through Sunday (14th))

So the OS-China-Cume is $634,6M with a Top 5 Share of 54.4% and 51.3% of OS incl. China and 27.3% WW.

Total: $15.4M needed for $650M (Last Week: $30.6M)

UK: Last Week: $4.4M So that leaves $5.4M

Germany: Last Week: $4.1M So that leaves $5.9M

France: Last Week: $2.5M So that leaves $7.5M (Impossible)

Japan: Last Week: $5.9M So that leaves $14.1M (Unlikely)

Australia: Last Week: $2.4M So that leaves $2.6M

So the other markets did $11.3M that leaves $3.7M-$8.7M and their Share actually increase by 0.6% to 36.9%.

So Total OS-China might be 670M or a bit more.

That would leave $610M Dom $40M Ch and $670M OS for $1320M WW for a OS+China Share of 53.8%, Would mean HP8 won't be overtaken.

Seems like I am always too optimistic:lol:

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' crumbled 91 percent in its second weekend in China, earning just $2.4 million — a shocking flameout for 2017's biggest global film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-jumanji-clobbers-competition-40m-last-jedi-crashes-burns-1074677

media are having a field day with SW's China debacle. :hahaha:Though that's  a low clockbait blow cause it was expected it would bomb there. It isn't a surprise or shock. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

media are having a field day with SW's China debacle. :hahaha:Though that's  a low clockbait blow cause it was expected it would bomb there. It isn't a surprise or shock. 

Exactly. I expected 30M for it, it topped that, so im happy lol.

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I expected it to drop from The Force Awakens, but I didn't expect it to outright bomb and only make $40m, and I think that was the general expectation of most people - less than TFA, but similar to Rogue One's $69m. Olive had it at $70-$80m a month before release; Gavin Feng said an optimistic $100m. To say it was "expected" to bomb all this time is quite revisionist - it was only expected to do terribly after presales tracking started and it performed horribly.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hw64 said:

I expected it to drop from The Force Awakens, but I didn't expect it to outright bomb and only make $40m, and I think that was the general expectation of most people - less than TFA, but similar to Rogue One's $69m. Olive had it at $70-$80m a month before release; Gavin Feng said an optimistic $100m. To say it was "expected" to bomb all this time is quite revisionist - it was only expected to do terribly after presales tracking started and it performed horribly.

It's revisionist that media didn't know about poor pre-sales. Rob Cain is lurking on these forums 24-7 and you bet others too. Exaggerated tone of "OMG, it booombed" doesn't cut it cause we knew about upcoming crisis for quite some time. It's clickbaiting. Yes it bombed but they are really making a big show out of it. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

It's revisionist that media didn't know about poor pre-sales. Rob Cain is lurking on these forums 24-7 and you bet others too. Exaggerated tone of "OMG, it booombed" doesn't cut it cause we knew about upcoming crisis for quite some time. It's clickbaiting. Yes it bombed but they are really making a big show out of it. 

Well for the China market, so much of the sales is pre-sales (isn't getting close to 80% online ticket there ?) that talking about pre-sales is close to be talking about actual numbers.