FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Watched Rogue one with 4 cousins.

They are all 14 to 17 years old.

They loved the ending a   lot!!

The Third Act.... It's POWAH

Spoiler

is in fact, immeasurable. :ph34r:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Any OS numbers?

Also...just saw Passengers. It's nowhere near as bad a film the critics made it out to be.

Of course it isn't. But nowadays, fanboys and the internet determine the box office life of a certain film.

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

guys help.  Should i see Passengers and Assassins Creed in 2D or 3D today?  I have 45 min to decide.  Do either of them make good use of 3D the way that Kubo and the Two Strings, Fantastic Beasts, and Doctor Strange do?  I was disappointed with Rogue One 3D, seems it would be better for 2D.

bump.  it would be extremely inconvenient to see both in 3D schedule wise but I am willing to do it.  2D fits in the schedule perfectly.  THANK YOU!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The success of SLOP gave people a lot of people high expectations for Sing's final gross. 

It's still easily gonna make $200M+ though, so it's another year where Star Wars dominated the holidays with a family comedy that made a lot of money (although Sing was likely not a back-up option for many families like Daddy's Home was). Seems safe to say Jumanji will be the strongest of next year's Christmas offerings as a strong second choice for families that will have seen or are sold out from Episode 8, especially with that cast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's still easily gonna make $200M+ though, so it's another year where Star Wars dominated the holidays with a family comedy that made a lot of money (although Sing was likely not a back-up option for many families like Daddy's Home was). Seems safe to say Jumanji will be the strongest of next year's Christmas offerings as a strong second choice for families that will have seen or are sold out from Episode 8, especially with that cast.

It's good, but so many people on here predicted 300m, which is out of reach now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

So Moana is like Pochoahantas in the 90s. Big hit but people were expecting more due to previous Disney films success 

Moana has much better reviews / reception then Pocahontas did in 1995. Not exactly a "fair comparison".

• Like 1

Every single showtime at both of my theaters is sold out for Rogue One today. The other theater is non-reserved seating so I can only imagine the nightmare that is happening at that theater with folks trying to get tickets for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Still, four $200M+ grossers in 2016. It only took 11 months for it to happen.

I would have liked to have seen an original live-action movie make over 200m, but hey good box office is good box office i suppose. 

La La Land is sold out or almost sold out everywhere around me. Too bad nobody had the guts to start a La La Land > Passengers thread because the creator would've been read the riot act as soon as early November (whereas now it's all but a sure thing).

• Like 2

I think here in Canada as its boxing day tomorrow (which is a huge movie going day) is why thinks are not as crazy here.

However RO boxoffice run is more a story of a steady strong grosses...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1