FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

Is that good for Sing? Seems a little low especially since there's only one week of holidays left.

I am sorry, I have no data about animated films (or any other form of animated media), so not my genre, but I am sure a lot of people here will knoe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

SING finishes the 3-Day Weekend with $33.17M. Official Estimates: $50.91M 4-Day Weekend, $71.52M Total

Whoa......$71M lower than The Secret Life of Pets's $104M 3-Day OW. Surprisingly the lowest 3-Day OW for an Illumination-film.

Although it doesn't really matter, since it's now at $71M DOM.

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Is that good for Sing? Seems a little low especially since there's only one week of holidays left.

It's probably fine. The upper range of predictions for it are dead, but it's going to cruise past 200m.

The only comparison film we have is Tintin, but that's already not good. Tintin was seeing better holds. So we can probably say that the ~3.9x from the 6-day that Tintin saw is probably the upper range for Sing. That's approximately 275m as a maximum total.

• Like 3

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story made around $15 million on Saturday (-36% from Friday) to bring its domestic cume to around $260m. We should expect an over/under $72m on its second Fri-Sun frame, a reasonable drop of 53% from last weekend's boffo $155m debut weekend.

That brings its 10-day domestic total to $293 million with the presumption that it will cross the $300m mark tomorrow. The Walt Disney sci-fi prequel should earn around $110m over the Fri-Mon holiday frame for an 11-day total of $331m.That 53% Fri-Sun drop puts it just ahead of the second-weekend drops for the first two Hobbit prequels (56% in 2012 and 57% in 2013 respectively) and I Am Legend (-56% in 2007).

Sing ...earned $7.88m (-40% from Friday) on Christmas Eve to bring its cume to $41.5m heading into Christmas Day.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/25/box-office-rogue-one-and-sing-crush-all-christmas-competition/#60b62e2d28a6

• Like 3

as a comparison, the simplest to refind prediction for the weekend is for me BOM

NOTE: Where films are shown to have two sets of theaters counts, the first is for December 23-24 and the second is for December 25.

THREE-DAY (DEC. 23-25) FORECAST

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (4,157 theaters) - $69.8 M
  • Sing (4,022 theaters) - $46 M
  • Passengers (3,478 theaters) - $24 M
  • Assassin's Creed (2,902 theaters) - $13.5 M
  • Why Him? (~2,800 theaters) - $11 M
  • Moana (2,784/2,687 theaters) - $8 M
  • La La Land (200/731 theaters) - $5.1 M
  • Collateral Beauty (~3,069 theaters) - $4.8 M
  • Office Christmas Party (2,679/2,441 theaters) - $4.4 M
  • Fences (4/~2,200 theaters) - $4.3 M

• Like 2

For the three-day weekend, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the animated musical Sing have dominated the marketplace with a one-two punch of about $70M and $33M to $34M, respectively (so far). Passengers really took a tumble and will end the three-day with only about $12.8M to $13.4M and Assassins Creed really fared no better with a weekend tally estimated to be $10.6M. Why Him? may take in anywhere from $9.7M to $10.9, depending on how this R-rated comedy does today.

DHD

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Both it and Passengers have been killed by the reviews. It seemed there was more interest in the films before the reviews came out

To be honest I didn't really see that much interest from either film even before the reviews came out. I think with good reviews though that could have sparked interest for either film. But I never got where the big numbers were coming from in terms of opening weekend predictions. 

The good news for a film like Passengers though is that it should get a good holiday multiplier. 

Ass is dead. 

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

For the three-day weekend, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the animated musical Sing have dominated the marketplace with a one-two punch of about $70M and $33M to $34M, respectively (so far). Passengers really took a tumble and will end the three-day with only about $12.8M to $13.4M and Assassins Creed really fared no better with a weekend tally estimated to be $10.6M. Why Him? may take in anywhere from $9.7M to $10.9, depending on how this R-rated comedy does today.

DHD

Passengers on down :rofl:

Fox waking up on Christmas morning like :sadben:

• Like 2