FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Why do people keep coming up with the Frozen comparison to try and diminish Moana's success? Moana is having a very good run and some of you guys are ruining it with your doom and gloom of "Well Frozen..." Moana is not Frozen and will never be Frozen. In fact very few animated films will have the type of impact and performance that Frozen had. Frozen was a phenomena that escalated even outside of the box office. In so many ways it's bigger than any animated film that's come out in sometime. Everything from the film to the soundtrack to the merchandise was a hit. It was like Disney won the powerball. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

They are huge. Everywhere.

But would they really see a movie based off it? I feel like this movie was more geared towards American audiences that listen to pop. Those are the vibes I got from the trailers when people were singing in their cars and shit.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why do people keep coming up with the Frozen comparison to try and diminish Moana's success? Moana is having a very good run and some of you guys are ruining it with your doom and gloom of "Well Frozen..." Moana is not Frozen and will never be Frozen. Frozen was a phenomena that escalated even outside of the box office. In so many ways it's bigger than any animated film that's come out in sometime. Everything from the film to the soundtrack to the merchandise was a hit. It was like Disney won the powerball. 

True. Looking at BOM, Frozen was the biggest animated musical since The Lion King. I would say the cultural impact was roughly similar.

You can't replicate that success at will. It was catching lightning in a bottle

Edited by fracfar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, fracfar said:

But would they really see a movie based off it? I feel like this movie was more geared towards American audiences that listen to pop. Those are the vibes I got from the trailers when people were singing in their cars and shit.

Idk. The songs are hardly obscure and most of the people around me are well aware of them but I wouldn't call us representative of the whole population.

I haven't gotten into the numbers, but Sing should be somewhere around $150m by next Monday I would think.  Going to have the market to itself until Batman Lego with Martin Luther King Jr. weekend thrown in there.  Should be able to have a really good gross.  

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

Lol, I'm glad to see I wasn't crazy when I had no idea where the 300m+ predicts for Sing were coming from.

46 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I can't believe I fell for "Talking Animals = $300m". That was really stupid.

I kinda feel it will have some interesting legs. I guess it won't get to 300m, but I think it does over 275m.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

Lol, I'm glad to see I wasn't crazy when I had no idea where the 300m+ predicts for Sing were coming from.

The success of SLOP gave people a lot of people high expectations for Sing's final gross. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

guys help.  Should i see Passengers and Assassins Creed in 2D or 3D today?  I have 45 min to decide.  Do either of them make good use of 3D the way that Kubo and the Two Strings, Fantastic Beasts, and Doctor Strange do?  I was disappointed with Rogue One 3D, seems it would be better for 2D.